Everton Youth Teams Thread

We won’t be able to blame the club in this instance as they’ve threw everything at them and they’ve gave them lots of opportunities but I do think it’ll be City or Chelsea if they go.

It would be a big loss to lose both, and something that has to be looked at.

FWIW I'd say it would a bad move if they went.

We won’t be able to blame the club in this instance as they’ve threw everything at them and they’ve gave them lots of opportunities but I do think it’ll be City or Chelsea if they go.
That would be sad, I‘m presuming that both have been offered Scholarships by now, but it’s difficult to compete with their Academy facilities, then come December for Lawrence we get into the “ Will he sign a pro contract or move on ?” situation. I try not to go overboard with these kids, and 15 is no age at all, but the games I’ve seen of Samuels- Smith playing for England and us he’s looked the best defender to come through our Academy in recent years and would be a big loss.

That would be sad, I‘m presuming that both have been offered Scholarships by now, but it’s difficult to compete with their Academy facilities, then come December for Lawrence we get into the “ Will he sign a pro contract or move on ?” situation. I try not to go overboard with these kids, and 15 is no age at all, but the games I’ve seen of Samuels- Smith playing for England and us he’s looked the best defender to come through our Academy in recent years and would be a big loss.

Both have been offered scholarship with guaranteed pro deals also but as yet, neither have committed to them and I don’t think they’re planning to.

We offered 7 off this years scholars, scholarships with guaranteed pro deals also and all bar these 2 have signed them.

Both have been offered scholarship with guaranteed pro deals also but as yet, neither have committed to them and I don’t think they’re planning to.

We offered 7 off this years scholars, scholarships with guaranteed pro deals also and all bar these 2 have signed them.

Is money an issue mate? Pathways?

To me this is becoming a big issue that needs to be rectified. If we need to divert more resources to younger players, it's probably a risk we have to take.

Is money an issue mate? Pathways?

To me this is becoming a big issue that needs to be rectified. If we need to divert more resources to younger players, it's probably a risk we have to take.
I’m genuinely not sure. I think we offer a better pathway and I think we’d match any offer other clubs can make at this age.

I just think they get taken in by all the talk….how City and Chelsea see them as first teamers in the future, how they’ll be playing at the top of the leagues even at youth level, alongside the best players in their age, winning trophies, training at the best facilities, working with the very best coaches and how there’s chances to work with the elite level first teamers if they do well.

I get how hard it is not to be taken in. I hope they’re just trying to get more out of us but I’m not sure that’s the case. I think it may already be a done deal in both instances.

I’m genuinely not sure. I think we offer a better pathway and I think we’d match any offer other clubs can make at this age.

I just think they get taken in by all the talk….how City and Chelsea see them as first teamers in the future, how they’ll be playing at the top of the leagues even at youth level, alongside the best players in their age, winning trophies, training at the best facilities, working with the very best coaches and how there’s chances to work with the elite level first teamers if they do well.

I get how hard it is not to be taken in. I hope they’re just trying to get more out of us but I’m not sure that’s the case. I think it may already be a done deal in both instances.

Fair enough mate.

Sad all round if it happens. Both are good, but not 100% 1st teamers at City/Chelsea good.

Lol, good riddance, his Agent was demanding 20 grand a week for a player who not even made a first team appearance, not even our Captain Jake Livermore earns that. He has banged a few goals in at youth and under 23 level but the few times I saw him I thought he was slow for a young lad. Be interesting to see who he goes to as he obviously so.ething lined up.

Lol, good riddance, his Agent was demanding 20 grand a week for a player who not even made a first team appearance, not even our Captain Jake Livermore earns that. He has banged a few goals in at youth and under 23 level but the few times I saw him I thought he was slow for a young lad. Be interesting to see who he goes to as he obviously so.ething lined up.

Next Jonathan Leko. Or Rekeem Harper. Or the many young WBA talents that disappear.

Remember Louis Barry too? Trouble when you not a top team but have a decent Academy , they all bugger off, Leo and Harper were given a chance and played for a while but the biggest one to throw it up the wall was Siado Berahino, what a numpty he was.

Was he the one that went abroad? Been some great mooted talents in your academy over the years.