Everton's Managerial Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the sake of fairness, I had to say Allardyce. He is the current manager.

Look past the liverpool connection for just a second and give me an argument against Benitez...

It hurts me to even suggest him but you can't deny his achievements. He's the 1st/2nd most successful on the list with Wenger
I think the board may look at the hostility to Sam and ask could the same happen with Benitez.

He could be a very good appointment but very unlikely. He has done well at Newcastle with practically no budget.

The kopite fume if Rafael won the league with us. In reality though if we appointed Wagner I’d give up on Everton. Awful negative manager, we’d be better sticking with Allardyce.

For me: Wenger, Fonseca, Silva in that order. I just don’t think Benitez would be under consideration.

Want to win v the top 6? Swerve wagner and silva, dont go anywhere near the FSW, dyche is a young Moyes,
Conte, and others of that ilk please...be prepared to take a chance on Fonseca if pushed...

Sack Allardyce with the cash saved from employing an out of contract manager like Silva, sell Koeman's garbage to buy a capable player or three player.

That has to be our way forward.

We need to remember we've gone backwards as a club and have little going for us beyond the ability to pay a hefty managerial wage and solid PL wages for players. We have no draw for any manager who is a proven winner, that is for sure. A solid season playing decent football and finishing top 8 would be a good target to set.

Sack Allardyce with the cash saved from employing an out of contract manager like Silva, sell Koeman's garbage to buy a capable player or three player.

That has to be our way forward.

We need to remember we've gone backwards as a club and have little going for us beyond the ability to pay a hefty managerial wage and solid PL wages for players. We have no draw for any manager who is a proven winner, that is for sure. A solid season playing decent football and finishing top 8 would be a good target to set.
Silva????? Let's go further backwards shall we...preposterous!!

...very surprised the Porto Manager, Sergio Conceicao isn’t included in the summary shortlist given the rumours linking him to the job and that he is one of the favourites at 10-1. Dyche is 25-1, Benitez 33-1 and Wagner 40-1.

I’d be very interested in what folk much more knowledgable than me think of Conceicao, I looked at his record on Wiko and it doesn’t look as impressive as the lad at Fulham.

On paper not incredible but the work he did at Nantes, under a notorious chairman, was extremely good and wrestling the Portuguese title away from Benfica who have won it 4 times on the bounce is notable. That said it's not like Porto haven't won the title quite a few times before that.

Edit - I reckon he'd be a potentially better choice than Silva who hasn't impressed me in the PL so far.

Wagner touches kittens.

1.Paulo

2.Liquidate
3.Silva
4.Wenger
5.Change name to Everton Lions and move to the MLS
6.Dyche or Howe
7.Activate Yewtree
8.Moyes
9.Sam
10.Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back