Excited, scared or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, as we all suspect, the majority of our board are numpties, then getting one or two genuine businessmen in will not overhaul matters immediately! It should be remembered that for whatever reason Moshiri has not yet opted for a controlling stake in the club, so he i suspect he will still be in the position where he has to persuade board members to do things the way he wants them? That, and the fact that everybody goes on their holidays immediately the season finishes, would explain the delays.

I do think we will get a manager who will be an upgrade on the last two, so even if it is not my preferred option, i will be happy with that!

With regards to the players, i do think we will get a better keeper, and that some of the crop of youngsters will get a sustained run in the team, so i am happy about that! And with regards to the ground, i think Moshiri will be business minded enough to realise that a waterfront ground has far more commercial potential than one further away from the city centre, which should make the waterfront location the preferred destination, so I am happy about that too!

So in all, apart from my being bald, overweight and cruelly afflicted by bum-grapes, i am pretty positive and enthusiastic at the moment, two characteristics that have been absent for two full seasons! :) onwards and upwards chaps, like the song said, things can only get better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back