Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a good window given our FFP problems. Riccy had to go to balance the books . Injuries have hurt us but we will have more strength in depth when everyone is fit again . We have signed young players with huge potential and Gana will be a huge asset . Another striker would of been brilliant but at least we didn’t get another deadweight because nobody long term was available . Gordon , Gray and McNeil have been our front 3 for the last few games so add Maupay and Dom to this and we should be ok . A few outs as well that will help us so overall for me a good window !

Leicester's not going down, they just have to sack Rodgers and they'll be OK. Villa are in some trouble.
With three years left, it's an expensive proposition. I saw someone earlier today on the BBC's update page saying that Leicester owes Rodgers 23 million pounds if they sack him, but it was a reader submission so they could have just been chatting wham about the figure. The Sun claimed in February (and when he signed the current deal) that he's getting 10 million a year, but that's the Sun.

That's what a quick search turned up on the subject - it's a pain in the backside because there's a baseball player over here with the same name. Google is determined to think I mean him (or a recent Leicester signing) no matter how hard I try to tell it this is not what I mean, and from what I can see of other outlets they all cite the Sun's figure.

This is an interesting predicament. It's plausible that the owners don't have the cashflow, even after selling Fofana, to make a change.

Leicester's not going down, they just have to sack Rodgers and they'll be OK. Villa are in some trouble.
They have real problems. CB is a wasteland, Evans can still play but at 34 you probably shouldn't rely on him. Then you've got Vestegaard who is meh, Soyuncu who is genuinely horrible, Amartey who isn't great and isn't a natural CB and Ndidi out of position which makes you worse in midfield too. The goalkeeping is a huge question mark. They've got the potential to leak goals.

Up the other end Vardy is definitely going to hit the end at some point and while I rate Daka and to an extent Iheanacho they aren't helpful if you don't give them games. And then creativity is Maddison, Barnes and that's about it.

They should be fine but I don't think the squad is infallible which means you need good management and they have Brenden Rodgers.

Last night I was telling my lad we’d finish 14th this season to represent an improvement.
Today I’m feeling a little more confident, (not wanting to get carried away) I’d go with mid table right now.

Fixtures

I will take things one game at a time, but if results go as I hope, we should be still out of the relegation places this evening.

Hugely optimistic after today, as I was really dreading another loss.

Hopefully we kick on now and put a solid run together - 4 games unbeaten in the league.

Season just got going.

baby-dance.gif

Someone needs to do a "how many points in october" type threads, last time I did one under Koeman we lost most of them

Status
Not open for further replies.