Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m cautiously optimistic about this season but been let down so many times with this club. Got to say that I always blamed the midfield for our shortcomings.
Now the midfield looks strong we should be always in with a shout of getting something from the vast majority of games.
Defence is also a lot better and I’m fairly happy with that. As somebody else has pointed out it’s about small steps to move forward as Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that.
Sort the forward line and creativity and we’ll be cooking on gas.

Think a league finish will depend on injuries and if we can bring in a few more players in jan mainly more attacking players. Mid table would be a great finish at the end of the season i think europe is too soon for us next season and with another good summer window and players already at the club we can really push on

Not playing too much on where we finish as long as not relegation of course. Europe is along way off and to get rid of this as an expectation will mean a lot less disappointment.

Bringing fight, pride and passion back to the side, as well as developing an identity and playing style (all of which is happening) is the process we should be aiming for, along with developing the talentwd young players we have like Gordon, Onana and Godfrey.

A cup run would be ace of course but a lot of that is luck of the draw.

The main thing I'd hope for over the next two seasons is for amazing atmospheres and memories to be made at Goodison before we leave.

Football fans in general are so fickle, up down up down. Lose a few games, “sack the manager” then win a couple “Europe beckons.”
You also know that those same fans who have visions of top 7 this season will be on Lampards case as soon as we lose back to back.
Progress is being made, that is very evident. But still with this squad anything above 10th is over achieving. Let’s not get carried away.?

Football fans in general are so fickle, up down up down. Lose a few games, “sack the manager” then win a couple “Europe beckons.”
You also know that those same fans who have visions of top 7 this season will be on Lampards case as soon as we lose back to back.
Progress is being made, that is very evident. But still with this squad anything above 10th is over achieving. Let’s not get carried away.?
And when they were up, they were up
And when they were down, they were down
And when they were only half-way up
They were neither up nor down

If we were to win on sunday and have a lot of luck with injuries, we could be in the conversation for 6th/7th this season - Would be nice for Goodison to see some more european games

If we were to win on sunday and have a lot of luck with injuries, we could be in the conversation for 6th/7th this season - Would be nice for Goodison to see some more european games

Need to wait on the away games I think.

Goodison form should safely see the club into mid table but you need to be winning more than 2-3 away games a season to seriously threaten europa places.

Brighton have already won at Man. United and West Ham and could've easily beaten the filth so they're well set to challenge for top 7.

Would happily take draws at Spurs and Newcastle, both could easily be defeats.

I’m cautiously optimistic about this season but been let down so many times with this club. Got to say that I always blamed the midfield for our shortcomings.
Now the midfield looks strong we should be always in with a shout of getting something from the vast majority of games.
Defence is also a lot better and I’m fairly happy with that. As somebody else has pointed out it’s about small steps to move forward as Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that.
Sort the forward line and creativity and we’ll be cooking on gas.
Mm

Unfortunately it's the way of things.

Thankfully the majority will be happy with mid table and consolidation. We're clearly much better than last year and should be comfortably mid table.

Our goalscoring is definitely a worry though. Hopefully, confidence will increase after recent good results and it might spark some creativity.

Utd this weekend, will be a good assessment of where we're at.

Honestly I can see us finish as high as 7th.

Newcastle, Villa and West Ham and ourselves will be fighting for 7-10th places

Status
Not open for further replies.