FA Cup 1984 Winners Parade at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this home video footage, not just because of what it meant. It shows what Goodison Road looked like 32 years ago. Such a great video. Happy times - oh, to be able to experience this again!

I remember the parade in 1995 too, I stood on part of the current Everton 1 megastore frame for a better view, as it was still getting build back then.

Brilliant that mate, literally brought tears to my eyes that has. What a man Kendall was, I was only a kid at the time so could never appreciate the impact he had but as I've aged it's amazing to look back on his career with Everton and understand that he is Mr Everton,always will be, a true gentleman, a true Evertonian, a giant that we all have the privilege of looking up to.

Thanks for posting mate, fantastic to watch.

Lime St was a sight to behold that day. I will remember that until my dying breath. What a time to be a blue.

Wherever you are, thank you Mr Kendall.
this was in 85, think I was at pier head the year before.
everton_victory_parade.jpg

I reckon that might be me to the right of the bus with back to camera as I climbed on something around about there

this was in 85, think I was at pier head the year before.
everton_victory_parade.jpg

I reckon that might be me to the right of the bus with back to camera as I climbed on something around about there
One of my favourite Everton days. Still makes the hairs on the neck bristle. Ended up on a balcony on the old Railway House building (now student accommodation and restaurant).

We ruled the world. We were THE team.

One day, please football gods, I hope to see us rule again. Oh what fun was had.

Would still marry Paul Bracewell. I'd have his babies. He was my hero. I was always him when I put my boots on. He was perfect.

Brilliant. I was only young when we won cup in 95 so can't even remember it :( if only i was around when we were boss!!

I feel sad now. Haha

this one came up at the end

it's no wonder that the phrase 'yer mar' caught on

Jimmy Martin driving the Eavesway coach behind btw.

Loving that clip......never saw that before.

Thise arl tarts......brilliant.

I was in Rotterdam with my dad the night if the final but I am reliably informed my arl ma, God rest her, was out with other women dancing in the streets of Garston that night ;)

Loving that clip......never saw that before.

Thise arl tarts......brilliant.

I was in Rotterdam with my dad the night if the final but I am reliably informed my arl ma, God rest her, was out with other women dancing in the streets of Garston that night ;)
My mother informed my father* upon our return that she had shown her Everton knickers to the entire clientele of Wilkies on Park Rd whilst Can-Canning across the tables.

*He asked if everybody was ok and how many ambulances were needed. He also posted quite a witty written apology on said pub bar the following day. Mother was not best pleased at his prose. lol

so, so proud....

One of my favourite Everton days. Still makes the hairs on the neck bristle. Ended up on a balcony on the old Railway House building (now student accommodation and restaurant).

We ruled the world. We were THE team.

One day, please football gods, I hope to see us rule again. Oh what fun was had.

Would still marry Paul Bracewell. I'd have his babies. He was my hero. I was always him when I put my boots on. He was perfect.
I'm going to enjoy buying you a beer some day and listening to your stories..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back