Fabio Cannavaro - yes or no

Would you like Fabio Cannavaro to be the next Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannavaro could be an inspired appointment.
Personally I know so little of his preferred tactical style and methods it’s difficult to hold an informed opinion.
What little I have gleaned in recent days would suggest he is an attacking manager who is also willing to be somewhat pragmatic based on the abilities of the players he has.
I can’t help feeling his career pathway is suggestive of a boxer who is built up for a lucrative title shot by being deliberately matched against lesser opponents to accrue a spurious win rate.
But , like I said, he could be an inspired appointment if it happens.

has a manager that recently migrated from the Chinese league ever been a rousing success in a high-quality competitive league? discounting past success if they were a once competent and prominent manager

Not recently but a long time ago Arsene Wenger, I'm sure came from a Chinese league. Could be wrong, but as I say a long time ago.

Not recently but a long time ago Arsene Wenger, I'm sure came from a Chinese league. Could be wrong, but as I say a long time ago.
Japan, but an easy mistake to make eh?

Don't tell that to the Japanese though, they wont see the funny side!

Last edited:
I haven’t seen Wang Baoshan of Shaanxi Chang'an Athletic manage either and his experience is similar to Cannavaro.

Am I being harsh for questioning his appointment here if he was brought in?

You havent lived...

…are you saying Wang Baoshan is available?

Now we're talking ;)

Japan. The thing is with working in Japan you're bound to pick up good habits in business.

China though...more bad habits.

You havent lived...

Now we're talking ;)

Japan. The thing is with working in Japan you're bound to pick up good habits in business.

China though...more bad habits.
I know a professional woman footballer who went to China from Japan - got out after half a season says it was the worst experience of her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.