Fabio Cannavaro - yes or no

Would you like Fabio Cannavaro to be the next Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing about cannavaro is that he's gone out there to get some coaching/management experience and not just sat at one of his former clubs to coach the kids. Who knows what jobs he's applied for, even been close to getting, over the last few years. Or maybe he's waiting for the right opportunity.

He could be really highly thought of, but just not given a chance yet. It's a total unknown.

He has far more managerial experience than Rooney, far more important than PL experience. I get that the Chinese League is crap but Cannavaro has achieved far more there than our last Manager with CL titles and PL experience.

Kovac would still be my first choice. I get the calls for Potter but I think that he has quite clearly stated his lack of interest in a move. Why would he risk tarnishing his growing reputation by walking into the mess that is EFC right now? Even if you threw money at BHA and took their DOF and Manager it would not solve the issue unless you also poached their CEO and got Moshiri to sell to Tony Bloom.

My initial reaction is no but realistically I know absolutely nothing about him as a manager (why would I?)

So if we were to appoint him I would be very "meh" about it and see what happens.

It’s quite revealing how difficult the clubs job must be to appoint a manager that the fans would be happy with:

Calls for
We need an experienced manager: Mourihno? - KOFF!
We need a manager with PL experience: Lampard? - KOFF
We need a manager who understands Everton: Rooney/Ferguson? - KOFF
We need to gamble on a young exciting manager: Cannavaro? - KOFF

The largest majority seem to be wanting Potter who has clearly stated he’s not interested, so the club are on a hiding to nothing because the appointment won’t be the most preferred option of the fans.

Thing about cannavaro is that he's gone out there to get some coaching/management experience and not just sat at one of his former clubs to coach the kids. Who knows what jobs he's applied for, even been close to getting, over the last few years. Or maybe he's waiting for the right opportunity.

He could be really highly thought of, but just not given a chance yet. It's a total unknown.
I know what you’re saying, but it’s quite difficult to imagine that being the case when he’s Fabio Cannavaro. The thought of a ballon d’or winning, World Cup winning captain just never being given an opportunity anywhere seems a bit far fetched. It seems far more likely that he’s decided to go and get paid a fortune in Mickey Mouse leagues with no pressure and belatedly decided he might want to give a proper job a go.

It’s quite revealing how difficult the clubs job must be to appoint a manager that the fans would be happy with:

Calls for

The largest majority seem to be wanting Potter who has clearly stated he’s not interested, so the club are on a hiding to nothing because the appointment won’t be the most preferred option of the fans.
We are brilliant at making things harder than they need to be too though.

Glaring holes in the team that have been there for years not getting filled when its so obvious what needs to be done and a weird bunch of managerial names patched together when there are some really good managers out there who never even get a mention. Why is Favre or Garcia never in the picture for example? Good quality experienced managers who could be appointed with no preconceived notions from the fans.

There are perfectly valid reasons as to why people would say "KOFF" to the names you mentioned there.

You say "it's a total unknown" but I think what you mean is "he has no coaching reputation"
Mikel Arteta had no first team experience, but was not a total unknown
It would be truly idiotic to bring in Cannavaro from China and Saudi Arabia when there are superior coaches in the UK, or why not South America, MLS, Pitso Mosimane in Africa, anyone. There's no need to play devil's advocate on this one, it's absolutely daft.

Calls for

Thats just a load of crap mate theres loads of reasons why the names you've mentioned aren't seen as great options and Cannavaro isn't a young exciting manager either he's been managing for 8 years but at a low level. He might turn out to be good but it wouldn't be an exciting appointment it would be a scary one.

We are brilliant at making things harder than they need to be too though.

Glaring holes in the team that have been there for years not getting filled when its so obvious what needs to be done and a weird bunch of managerial names patched together when there are some really good managers out there who never even get a mention. Why is Favre or Garcia never in the picture for example? Good quality experienced managers who could be appointed with no preconceived notions from the fans.

There are perfectly valid reasons as to why people would say "KOFF" to the names you mentioned there.
I agree with the valid reasons for saying no to those names and at the same time there has been some support for all of them on here. In other words who ever is appointed some will not be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.