fans that leave early

is it ok to leave before the final whistle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pipe down Damo.
tumblr_inline_n10iy0I7Mw1qe13vf.gif

I personally can never bring myself to leave early, but can understand why some do.
Got to admit though, I love it when someone leaves early and they miss a goal

Never arsed me if folk leave early because we are getting beat or we are winning and result is a foregone conclusion. Each to their own and any person who has took the time out to support the lads and pay for a ticket is entitled to do what they want. Me personally, never left a game early but that's just my personal preference. I love a good moan at the end of a match if we've been crap, makes me feel better. If we win, I like to sing as loud as my voice will muster, safe in the knowledge my mindset is set to positive mode for the weekend. Admit it, you woke up this morning with an extra spring in your step and your thinking "yeah I got a good blow job/great night out with the lads/curry out with the missus/pay rise" blah blah blah but the real reason your skipping along like Dorothy on the yellow brick road is because 11 lads in Royal Blue won us 3 points. No better feeling than a win because it lasts for a whole week until the next game. Long post, apologies.

Has to be done sometimes. Travel from london every week and have to get the earlier train sometimes because that's what I could afford at the time of purchasing a ticket.

I know people who have been going 30-40 years who leave if we go 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes because 'they've seen it all before' don't mean they ain't fans they end up in the pub watching the game having a good drink.

Either way you go in with intentions not to leave but some things can't be helped especially if your getting battered because as you all know it's painful watching when it's not going right! Either way we will be at the game next week and the week after and the week after.

pretty sure we had this discussion only a few months back - but people pay their money for their ticket, entitled what to do thereon in as long as it's within the laws.

remember once when i went to a game, just under 200 mile trip back to pembrokeshire.

we left a game at 85 mins on a sunday 4pm kick off and got home earlier than any 3pm sat kick offs we'd been too - missed kieran dyer score one of the goals of the season like - but it made my dad happy to get home so early :s

I voted no but would prefer to go cheese on toast

I like to stay to either applaud the lads off or to fume (stayed to applaud both sets of players after the Chelsea game last week)

I understand people have their reasons though and I must admit I was fuming that badly in the Wigan cup game that me and my mates left quarter of an hour early (only time I've ever done it).

In hindsight I like to think of that as a protest bail

i left southampton away about 5mins early on the monday night when it was 0-0 as i had to get the last train home. had i waited until the final whistle i would have had to stay the night and take more time off work. Soz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back