fans that leave early

is it ok to leave before the final whistle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood it - especially these days when you've paid so much for your ticket. Firstly there's very few games thank god when we are three or four down at Goodison and the result is beyond doubt going into the final minutes. But even if we are losing, what's the point ? You could be missing an Everton goal, you could be missing part of the story of the match, you could be learning more about some of the players, and how much are you really going to do with those extra five minutes of your life ?

Those 5 minutes can easily become 30 minutes trying to get out of the Walton/Anfield/Everton area though mate.

I always walk to and from Goodison, so it doesn't affect me, but the traffic on a match day (especially around County Rd) is horrific, and I can fully understand why some might want to avoid that when we're getting bummed.

Surely you're entitled to do so? After all. They may value missing the extra 30 minute delay than see the last 4 minutes of the game???
Devils advocate.

Your choice of course,Im not gonna fume over it or anything. Just don't get it myself after paying all that doe then leaving when the outcome of the game is still undecided, just so you can get home a bit earlier seems a bit strange to me, like your more bothered about getting home than the outcome of the game, which would defeat the point of going in the first place. But each to their own.

Your choice of course,Im not gonna fume over it or anything. Just don't get it myself after paying all that doe then leaving when the outcome of the game is still undecided, just so you can get home a bit earlier seems a bit strange to me, like your more bothered about getting home than the outcome of the game, which would defeat the point of going in the first place. But each to there own.

Don't think many people leave when we're getting beat one nil mate.

Don't think many people leave when we're getting beat one nil mate.

I can understand people doing it now and again, as I said in my first post I was talking about people who do it regularly. Used to have a fella and his lad by me both adults and they would leave early every week, they missed a good few goals like.

Only every left early when I was sat in the home end at west brom away a few years ago. A few blues near me got caught and ejected after some west brom fans said to the stewards "there's everton fans in this stand". Lets just stay I didn't speak for the entire match and left quite early. Brummie beauts.

Everton 0 - 3 Wigan (Neville captain)

Or course it is .

I like to think of this game as the Phil Neville experience. I'd never leave early because I don't get to Goodison more than once/twice a year. I relish every second. If I had a season ticket it might be very different.

In fact, I noticed when I went to United v Shaktar with a mate last year that his brother, a season ticket holder, left in the 70th minute because of traffic and work in the morning. I find that a bit unreal, but I imagine if you've been to over a thousand matches live you're not so arsed anymore.

whole family near me go early every game -usually about 5-10 minutes to go. Remember a few seasons ago we seemed to score late in about five games in a row including the two late ones against united - everyone around was laughing at the empty seats. They still do it ! Personally always stay last two early darts were bolton home 0 -4 and when we played united in the cup and I was parked down priory road wanted to get out with my 5 year old before it turned ugly after the match ( which i recall it did! )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back