Fans with smoke bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.
To out it simply..

Currently flares, smoke bombs and fireworks are banned from all stadia..

Clubs, police and the FA have warned fans that they risk being banned and prosecuted if caught with them..

Them's the rules. People shouldn't moan that they or other people are being banned for breaking them.

What's in the rules about thermonuclear bombs??

A cheeky blue mushroom cloud would be ace.

Atomic_Bomb.gif

that's true but if people are being responsible with them then they shouldn't be banned just because of one or two idiots but it seems that the Powers that be in the league want an outright removal of them which I don't agree with. You would think its like turkey with the pitch covered in red mist and flares being chucked everywhere with men clad with balaclava's the way the media portray them absolute over reaction.

You can't be responsible with them, people with asthma suffer because of the smoke let off. Absolutely no need to bring them into a football ground, selfish idiocy.

The most dangerous part of the matchday experience for me these days is the crushing on the train from Kirkdale after the game. There'd be mass deaths in the event face of any sort of accident. Bit of blue smoke is neither here nor there by comparison.

There's not much that ranks higher on the old danger scale than a train pile up mate, so using that 'logic' I reckon you'll be alright bringing in rockets, bangers & tear gas

Last edited:

The most dangerous part of the matchday experience for me these days is the crushing on the train from Kirkdale after the game. There'd be mass deaths in the event face of any sort of accident. Bit of blue smoke is neither here nor there by comparison.

Merseyrail should be ashamed. Every week without fail. How hard is it to put a 6-car train on for an hour? If the worst and someone was crushed to death/injury (extreme!), they'd probably turn around and say 'well, shouldn't have gotten on', i'm just glad that we're not at home next week, cause the train coming home at 5pm the week before Christmas would be horrendous. Such a simple solution that as well.

I can't help think their must be a safe way to fix this, maybe if clubs set up some professional pyrotechnics a bit like they do in major sporting events like at the sports personality thing last night at the start but with blue smoke at fixed points in the ground raised above peoples heads so it's safe, then when we score someone can just flick a switch and the blue smoke bellows all around the ground at a fixed amount so it looks good and is controlled by the club

I can't help think their must be a safe way to fix this, maybe if clubs set up some professional pyrotechnics a bit like they do in major sporting events like at the sports personality thing last night at the start but with blue smoke at fixed points in the ground raised above peoples heads so it's safe, then when we score someone can just flick a switch and the blue smoke bellows all around the ground at a fixed amount so it looks good and is controlled by the club

Safe way to fix it is to just not do it. Pre planned smoke releases ? It's football not panto ffs !

Last edited:
Merseyrail should be ashamed. Every week without fail. How hard is it to put a 6-car train on for an hour? If the worst and someone was crushed to death/injury (extreme!), they'd probably turn around and say 'well, shouldn't have gotten on', i'm just glad that we're not at home next week, cause the train coming home at 5pm the week before Christmas would be horrendous. Such a simple solution that as well.

I think if they had enough carriages they would have done this by now but I can guarantee if you asked they would claim to not have enough spare to have 6 car trains after the match.

can we not just name one stand as the bombers

we can have the upper bombers an the lower bombers

we can even have bomber himself the big man in the stands

Yeah & lets have music when we score, half time dancing girls & an announcer who introduces each stand in turn while we're at it rcard

...can't believe anybody wants to take a bomb to a game of footy. Says it all really.

Sitting in the Lower Gwladys street on Saturday and somebody launched a cherry tomato at the back of my head...just bounced straight off on impact. Who brings a bag of cherry tomato's the game? Some weird folk sitting among us mate.

Sitting in the Lower Gwladys street on Saturday and somebody launched a cherry tomato at the back of my head...just bounced straight off on impact. Who brings a bag of cherry tomato's the game? Some weird folk sitting among us mate.

Haha, you messing mate? That was you?! I saw that from the Paddock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back