Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players can't win with the amount out fans moan. They moan when we pass it about, they moan when the likes of Jagielka/Stones/Barry try a long ball and it doesn't come off. Then half of the fans think Barkley is Zidane in his prime and start moaning when something doesn't work out for him.

There's very few.people in life who in the course of their jobs or professions improve their performances through the stick rather than the carrot.

In fact I would go as far as to say any professional sportsman who regularly requires the stick to perform at an acceptable standard is in the wrong profession.

Booing can only serve to energise and encourage the opposition not the home team. I can understand the frustration but it is totally counter-productive in the course of a match.

Nothing pushes you further, faster in reality though...

I think this is true but I also think part of the reason why a lot of people had got fed up with Moyes was because we had stagnated.

Moyes' biggest trick was rebranding us as the people's club and that kept the fans anaesthetised while Martinez made us remember what it was like to be a top team again. Unfortunately in the words of the captain in Top Gun "His mouth is writing checks that his ass can't cash".

I was thinking much more general than the old Moyes / Martinez chestnut.

I think a lot of it's down to money, envy and, I hate to use the word because it sounds like a psychobabble bingo word, "disconnection" between fans and players. I was only really aware of the difference between my income and a footballers income when I was in my teens, but the difference then was that players were still living in much the same sort of world that we do.

I'm waffling, but you get the idea.

I was thinking much more general than the old Moyes / Martinez chestnut.

I think a lot of it's down to money, envy and, I hate to use the word because it sounds like a psychobabble bingo word, "disconnection" between fans and players. I was only really aware of the difference between my income and a footballers income when I was in my teens, but the difference then was that players were still living in much the same sort of world that we do.

I'm waffling, but you get the idea.
It's true. People do go on about how much they are paid when justifying the abuse. But ask anyone who works in a customer facing role there's some people who just feel they are entitled to act any way they want just because they pay money.

They aren't entitled to anything except the choice not to buy that product again and frankly if they are the type of customer who gives abuse I'm sure no one would miss them.

Modern thinking baloney and frankly the kind of opinion I worry that Martinez would agree with. It requires a balance.
spchlss.gif

Im saddened to say this but it will definitely be my last season of watching everton. I was hoping a few of the moaning bells who sit by me wouldn't be back this year but alas they are. Football forums have made a lot of misfits massively over opinionated and sadly its spread to the crowd over the last couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back