Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
When is this going to happen? Isn't ffp effectively a rolling window? So it's not like we get to the end of the season and can then go and spend another 500m.

The only thing I can see getting us out of the woods is if the ffp rules change.
We get more room each year as we finally write the losses from the Walsh and Koeman years off of the books.

Sigurdsson, Delph and Tosun are all off the books this season which frees up their wages as well as the amounts of their transfer fees we amortize each year.

The question in all of this that you need to answer is would we be better under a different owner and there are zero guarantees we would. We might be a little less scattergun in approach but we might spend to our income which is significantly less than a lot of other clubs in the league (without the USM prop up), you chase him out then what next? Do we get a new stadium after that as I doubt it.

In that scenario are you happy that eventually they'll pull down the 10k Gwladys end and replace with a copy of the PE stand as we get more and more like Tranmere. That's where we were heading before someone was willing to batter an eyelid at us nevermind bankroll us to the tune of 500 million and still have any desire to keep going.

We all wanted a billionaire owner and we got it and are still not happy, be careful what you wish for as we may get that too and find it even worse.
Fact is though, mate, that we've wasted that money for the most part, and good chunks of it directly because of Moshiri's interference in our transfer dealings.

If you look at non-Big Six clubs who seem to have got it right on and/or off the pitch in recent years - Leicester and West Ham spring to mind - they haven't needed bankrolling to anywhere near the extent that we've spent because they didn't make the wildly expensive mistakes in the first place.

Of course we wanted the billionaire owner. We wanted to emulate Chelsea and City, and have a footballing infrastructure that was left to its own devices and given free reign to sign great players according to some kind of coherent tactical plan and create a footballing dynasty. What we got instead was a control freak who consistently listens to terrible advice, and has given a succession of poor appointments just enough free reign to bring in a handful of their own players each while also sabotaging an increasingly imbalanced squad with his own absolute joke signings.

We have been the perfect example of exactly what NOT to do when you receive a big investment. The guy has shown zero remorse for the mistakes he has made nor any inclination to do things in any way differently in future. It is obviously a possibility that the next owners could be even worse, but at this stage I can barely even fathom that; I'd take my chances on new ownership in a blink.

Can't believe the flak the guy is getting for doing what we wanted him to do.
Imagine the erection I got when I saw my inbox including from Farhad Moshiri "Dear Thomas"

erection-fap.gif

When is this going to happen? Isn't ffp effectively a rolling window? So it's not like we get to the end of the season and can then go and spend another 500m.

The only thing I can see getting 7s out of the woods is if the ffp rules change.

We spent big money in the 2017 summer which will be cleared off finally in a few months time. We know thats £8mil a season and £100k+ a week for Sigurdsson along with Tosun and Delph fees/wages...plus Kenny/Lonergsn wages.

Its hard to know where we are with FFP in total because when we buy players the fees are spread over the contract while when selling its a lump sum counted immediately.

What I would say seems to be "common sense' is that if we have 3 seasons at FFP 'breakeven' or being in 'profit' then we can open the books up again.

Having said that...

I think this summer we will sell players so we will be spending a decent amount -- but ideally need to be close to breakeven.

My view is that the following summer (18months time) 2023/2024 season we will be able to open up the credit card again because of the massive commercial deals which Moshiri/Usmanov will pump in with the new stadium.

If you look at the two £20mil+ deals for Doucoure and Allan we will have absorbed these amounts at that time as well as many of the other deals weve done.

So, perhaps optimistically i think we have summer + Jan windows to get through next and then we should be home and dry.

Being around the European places was awful, much better in the DOF era seasons outside the top 8 and not having to worry about getting passports renewed
We finished outside the top 8 3 seasons before we had a DOF. Moyes gave us an air of respectability that we haven't really had at any other time during Kenwright's time on the board.

Hardly surprising.

He has to keep converting 100 million loans into equity each year to keep us afloat after the terrible expenditures under his management and the management of people he hired.

It's a failing business that isn't anywhere close to self-sustainable and that would scare away any investors.

His hope of making his money back falls entirely on the stadium.

We get more room each year as we finally write the losses from the Walsh and Koeman years off of the books.

Sigurdsson, Delph and Tosun are all off the books this season which frees up their wages as well as the amounts of their transfer fees we amortize each year.

I believe that if the performances are in line with top 6 and the stadium is built then there would be no need for Moshiri to sell.

Why would he?

I do think with that email the penny may be dropping that he has to restructure...our only hope is that he has actual professionals come in to drive change.

Hopefully the summer 2023 season brings strong commercial deals for the stadium in early 2024 and we can go again.

But he really needs to restructure before hiring a manager.

Not sure if been mentioned but can we spend again now without having to sell

My guess is summer 2023 we'll be ok.

BK back? Don’t know if you’ve noticed, mate, but BK has gone nowhere. He’s intrinsically involved in everything including transfers. The only difference between 6 years ago and now is he’s sitting on a pile of £30m. Still involved, still making woeful decisions. The whole board needs firing but Moshiri just won’t do it as he’s not capable of making sound footballing decisions which is why it’s best he moves on before he takes us down.
i meant total control