Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
If Moshiri can fund another 12 months of the build will private finance still be spooked?

I know there is now a potential further issue with interest rates but if I was looking for a mortgage on a house and could show the bank I had already paid for and built more than half of it I'd be a good candidate for a long-term loan no?
The build status of the stadium is irrelevant for the stadium finance, the capital is secured against future gate receipts and other match day income not on the physical building. In regards to finance and loan repayments it doesn't matter what physical location Everton play their football in the future, all that matters is they play and generate income to repay the debt, it doesn't matter to the financiers if the build is never completed or stadium used by the club, their money is secured on future club matchday revenue regardless.

Keith Harris.jpg

Keith Harris involved with the new one. Didn't we release him from the board?

Not really bothered about the money aspect. Look what good it’s done since Farhad took us over!
Our fans going overboard about our cash flow etc
Be prudent and wheel and deal is the way to go.
Not sure about American asset strippers anyway

The build status of the stadium is irrelevant for the stadium finance, the capital is secured against future gate receipts and other match day income not on the physical building. In regards to finance and loan repayments it doesn't matter what physical location Everton play their football in the future, all that matters is they play and generate income to repay the debt, it doesn't matter to the financiers if the build is never completed or stadium used by the club, their money is secured on future club matchday revenue regardless.
We could fill 60k each league game. If the capital is secured on that basis it makes no sense that there is no commercial funding secured in the market. It isn't secured and that's the point. We don't have financiers that we know of, the owner is providing the capital. He isn't lending to himself.

The market did not / does not have confidence in the business management which is hardly surprising given that they presided over near disaster. Although that doesn't particularly make sense either considering where the stadium has got to already. I'm not concerned that it won't be completed given where we are but it seems certain Moshiri will have to sacrifice at least part of his equity in return for a capital injection.