Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
Spot on.

We need to scrap EITC and this free school nonsense etc. It has no place in a football club.
We’ve been gash for over 20 years, let’s just get rid of the only positive thing we’ve actually done for the people. I’m more proud of the work we do off the pitch than what we’ve done on the pitch in recent times. One shouldn’t impact the other, if it does that’s the boards fault.

Spot on.

We need to scrap EITC and this free school nonsense etc. It has no place in a football club.
Think scrapping it is a bit harsh, it’s pretty much a separate entity from the football club anyway.
It does however lend itself to giving the football club side something to cling onto as a ‘success’ during our unprecedented lean spell. That I’m not keen on as it provides a hiding place for the Kenwrongs etc.

I think i had it at about £54mil but cant remember if that included this summer or not.

Imagine where we were when he came in. Alot of ageing players and plenty we couldnt get real fees for.

Hes then dropped £45-54mil a season in the expectation we should be competing at the top of the league.

Its bewildering.

When you compare the spending of everyone else in the league….its not even that much investment….many teams have spent more and done worse.

Leeds have spent £150 million in 1.5 seasons…and thats net, no outgoings.

We gave him the benefit of the doubt when Koeman and Walsh spent every penny we had poorly.

When he brought Allardyce in I got concerned. That was something I never would have expected us to do (I could never see Kenwright doing that) and it was the first clear indication that there was no long term plan or strategy coming from the board or the ownership. The fans didn't want him from the start (sound familiar?) and we sacked him 6 months later with a nice hefty pay off.

Silva and Brands come in and you see Moshiri and the board trying to put something together with a semblance of some long term goals. A young manager, a foreign DoF with some contacts and reputation. They were picked on reputation, from the back of Silva's early good Watford run (because his time at Hull was crap) and Brands having some nice ripped jeans and flash trainees (Maybe the Hirving Lozano talk? Raiola talking to Moshiri?). The problem is they weren't the right choices for the long term plan either, just as bad as Koeman and Walsh really. Silva got the boot but Brands somehow lives on.

Ancelotti was him striking gold (fool's gold to some of you) and a bit of the "Hollywood" appeal that Moshiri craved with the Koeman appointment, but it wasn't really a long-term thing either really.

Benitez comes back to the Allardyce type of "steady hands" appointment and an even greater level of concern for willingly going against the wishes of a greater portion of the fan base. It's the same short-term strategy seen with the Allardyce and Ancelotti appointments and it's failing in similar fashion.

He needs to get a younger manager in along with a new DoF that he can let run the show without getting himself in the middle of it to sign tosh like Tosun and Iwobi. Handing the football club over to these yesterday men like Benitez is what got us into this mess. He needs to give the supporters a clear plan they can get behind.

We gave him the benefit of the doubt when Koeman and Walsh spent every penny we had poorly.

When he brought Allardyce in I got concerned. That was something I never would have expected us to do (I could never see Kenwright doing that) and it was the first clear indication that there was no long term plan or strategy coming from the board or the ownership. The fans didn't want him from the start (sound familiar?) and we sacked him 6 months later with a nice hefty pay off.

Silva and Brands come in and you see Moshiri and the board trying to put something together with a semblance of some long term goals. A young manager, a foreign DoF with some contacts and reputation. They were picked on reputation, from the back of Silva's early good Watford run (because his time at Hull was crap) and Brands having some nice ripped jeans and flash trainees (Maybe the Hirving Lozano talk? Raiola talking to Moshiri?). The problem is they weren't the right choices for the long term plan either, just as bad as Koeman and Walsh really. Silva got the boot but Brands somehow lives on.

Ancelotti was him striking gold (fool's gold to some of you) and a bit of the "Hollywood" appeal that Moshiri craved with the Koeman appointment, but it wasn't really a long-term thing either really.

Benitez comes back to the Allardyce type of "steady hands" appointment and an even greater level of concern for willingly going against the wishes of a greater portion of the fan base. It's the same short-term strategy seen with the Allardyce and Ancelotti appointments and it's failing in similar fashion.

He needs to get a younger manager in along with a new DoF that he can let run the show without getting himself in the middle of it to sign tosh like Tosun and Iwobi. Handing the football club over to these yesterday men like Benitez is what got us into this mess. He needs to give the supporters a clear plan they can get behind.
Dunno. Lots to agree with here but I think if Mosh had handed the keys to Silva and Brands, said "here's your budget, within those limits go do your best," and gave them two years, they'd have done well. It's the parachuting in by Moshiri and the likes of Kenwright and Walsh that saddles us with the truly awful high-priced crap like Sigurdsson and Iwobi. Iwobi in particular was an eleventh-hour binky for Mosh after failing to land Zaha at absurd money.

Saying to get a "young manager"now.... any such would be a real risk at the moment. I believe boring and stable is in order for the next 2 years until we can flush out these bad contracts, so I think Rafael is the right kind of guy for now.

I think that’s the major issue; DoF or no DoF he’ll get involved and the whole thing becomes a shitshow

At the AGM the clear question needs to be asked... who is involved in recruitment, and why has it been so disastrous?

Moshiri needs to be told that he doesn't have the football knowledge to make sound football decisions and he needs to stay out for the good of the club. We aren't a toy.

This is the biggest thing for me.
Moshiri was definitely won over by Bill "The Biggest Blue in the World" Kenwright and his stories.

If Moshiri / Usmanov purchased a failing business (which Everton was / is) under USM Holdings they would have done things the complete opposite.

So I get that Kenwright would want to keep hold of some shares to make a few £££ when the stadium is built but there was absolutely no need for him to be kept on as Chairman.

DDB has been on the board since 2016, CEO since Elstone left in 2018 and the business has not improved at all under her leadership. The business and her primary focus is performance on the pitch. If performance on the pitch is going well then everything around that falls into place.

She's failed at running a football club and I would say 3 years is enough time to see if she's a good fit.

If Moshiri / Usmanov think a year or two after the stadium has been built someone is going to come along and offer to buy the club that they'll recoup the money they've spent then they're fools. If they think sponsors will come along and offer big money to help recoup the money Moshiri has put up front for the stadium build then they're evening stupider with the way the football team is performing on the pitch. The stadium will help them spend more money with the increased revenue but unless performances on the pitch improve and we get regular European football then they're never going to get their money back.

Spot on - who would you look at?

I think we need a Potter/Howe/Smith or even dare I say it Dyche type. Why is it Everton perennially overlooks the guys who build teams on next to nothing? Teams that work and success disproportionately to their tiny incomes.

The last successful manager we had (barring Martinez 1st seaon dining out on Moyes legacy + Lukaku) was Moyes, who was exactly what you've described - so just wonderd who you thought might fit?

Not sure why there's an anti-Mosh vibe:
  • He's coughed up
  • Stadium deal going through.
  • As fans we're calling for a headline manager, and it's the roots of our team that is the problem.
    No youth, no grit. So much of our squad needs to go - none of that is Mosh's fault. that's legacy from the conveyor belt of mercenary overseas managers without a plan just grabbing the cash and opportunity.

Sigs (Koeman star signing along with Sandro and Klaasen). Terrible and awful person it turns out.
Tosun & Walcott (Walcott OK in flashes). Terrible
Rico - OK, often good.
Gomez, Gbamin, Mina, Iwobi, Allan. I wouldn't call any of them a success. Steady squad fillers. (Gomez perhaps unlucky with the leg break)

Our best players recently have been Digne, Gray (promising) Townsend (promising). Gordon promising, DCL repaying the faith shown and sorely missed.

The signs are there > Go youth > Go British > with decent overseas players in positions where we absolutely need them.

Young British manager next please, once Benitez has had a crack of the whip.

Let's not be Newcastle and and turn frustration on the pitch into pointlessly overthrowing the board and managers etc. Their treatment of Bruce was scandalous, disloyal and pathetic.