Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 108 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,235 92.0%

• Total voters
Probably because you've been telling everyone how well he has done these last 2 months we haven't won a game.

Is acknowledging he could get sacked you admitting he hasn't done a good job? Thats what it looks like to me.
out of interest, from our games over the last two months, how many points should we have taken if we were heading for another tenth place finish? Losing to West Ham from a set piece is no disgrace, nor city or Liverpool. Wathord we were winning with 10 minutes to go before the roof fell in, and Brentford was just a poxy goal from nowhere. We had two good draws at OT and against Conte's spurs. Maybe we should have been expecting draws at Wolves and Brentford, plus losing the last ten minutes against Watford. But we've had the injury list from hell. And I was expecting to lose to Conte and OT, so on that score we are down 3 points over that period. And currently sit 3 points off tenth, which is where we finished with a 60m spend last season. So how about we don't sack Benitez and issue another £25m pay off only to appoint Frank offing Lampard. How about we pause, calm down and see where we are by the end of January once he's had a few games with a full squad.

out of interest, from our games over the last two months, how many points should we have taken if we were heading for another tenth place finish? Losing to West Ham from a set piece is no disgrace, nor city or Liverpool. Wathord we were winning with 10 minutes to go before the roof fell in, and Brentford was just a poxy goal from nowhere. We had two good draws at OT and against Conte's spurs. Maybe we should have been expecting draws at Wolves and Brentford, plus losing the last ten minutes against Watford. But we've had the injury list from hell. And I was expecting to lose to Conte and OT, so on that score we are down 3 points over that period. And currently sit 3 points off tenth, which is where we finished with a 60m spend last season. So how about we don't sack Benitez and issue another £25m pay off only to appoint Frank offing Lampard. How about we pause, calm down and see where we are by the end of January once he's had a few games with a full squad.
He needs time, but some could never stomach him.

I think part of the problem here is that Moshiri takes too much advice on board.
I think he wants to do well but everyone who's advising him, Brands, Bill, agents, managers, longtime club employees, journalists all have an ulterior motive.
In the case of those inside the club, they probably don't tell any hard truths and don't push back against stupid decisions.
In the case of those outside the club, they're just using him to feather their own nests.

I wonder if it's time a bunch of people with no ulterior motives approached him to offer honest advice. People who know the club but don't work for it, and who also know the likes of Jim White. People who can offer advice that aren't Talksport presenters.
I'm thinking Peter Reid, Andy Gray, or even the likes of Tim Cahill or, and I cant believe I'm saying this, Phil Neville.

We need Moshiri, but we also need him not to be so stupid.
Maybe an independent board of everton greats (and neville) can do that.

Edit: Actually, scratch Cahill and Neville and anyone who loves Kenwright.

This character has been an unmitigated disaster for our club.
Even after 6 years he lacks any understanding or insight into Everton F.C.
But as with all owners we are stuck with him until he decides to sell up.
Increasingly grim times ahead I fear.

Last edited:
Reading the first few pages off this thread is quite sad, the excitement the news gave us to the shambles we’ve turned into 5 years later. He & the rest of the board need to go. Only thing keeping him ok with the fans is the stadium. It’s gonna look nice in the championship that lads