Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Seriously, is the man ill? Is he being treated for something? Sack Benitez and wants that idiot Martinez back? And then perhaps Rooney, unproven an inexperienced at PM level with such a difficult team? Lampard? Wasnt Lamps properly exposed what utter bollocks he is by Tuchel who won the CL with that same lot? And these are our options? Hello championship. Moshiri needs to sell this club. I dont think ive ever in my 140 years as football fan, seen such an inept owner as him.

Peter Johnson says hello :bye:

Seriously, is the man ill? Is he being treated for something? Sack Benitez and wants that idiot Martinez back? And then perhaps Rooney, unproven an inexperienced at PM level with such a difficult team? Lampard? Wasnt Lamps properly exposed what utter bollocks he is by Tuchel who won the CL with that same lot? And these are our options? Hello championship. Moshiri needs to sell this club. I dont think ive ever in my 140 years as football fan, seen such an inept owner as him.
Who is saying he wants any of these purely press speculation no one has a clue what he is thinking

Big Dunc or Rooney please. We need someone who will unit the fanbase.

Never go back to the one you sacked and he failed at the time. He then went to court for his compensation.

Moshiri doesn’t want Martinez. That’s all on bill.

To be fair to lampard he’s inexperienced, Tuchel started somewhere, abs I think it was inexperience that cost him at Chelsea. Persevering with the expensive players signed that summer( were they his players?) who where all under performing. Werner. Havertz And Ziyech. Did he feel by dropping them, the owner would have been on his case.

And his attacking style was leaking goals. Tuchel went to a back 5 straight away and 2 defensive midfielders in front of them. Their attackers players still weren’t performing, but they were now hard to beat. And were winning games 1-0.

I think lampard will be a good manger going forward, Intelligent guy, worked really hard at his game, which I think he will do as a manger. And I think his teams will play aggressive, attacking football and with a good mix of young players
You want to gamble championship with lamps? If he didnt see his system didnt suit Chelsea he shouldnt be let near us. Tuchel went with 3 at the back but in a very attacking way. If Werner had all his shots converted to goals Chelsea wouldv won 6, 7 nil every week. Tuchel drilled a much, much more coherent andmodern game in the same players that lampard just didnt understand. Tuchel is also a manager that knows what to do when plan A doesnt work. Many young or inexperienced managers dont have that. Look at Ole, or Brendan Rodgers in his earlier days. Thats why I think Wayne Rooney wouldnt be a good bet. Better let him cut his teeth like Gerrard for a year or two, and thén make a move up to the PM.

Big Dunc or Rooney please. We need someone who will unit the fanbase.

Never go back to the one you sacked and he failed at the time. He then went to court for his compensation.
No manager will unite us sadly.

There isn't a name we have heard of at least that all fans would get behind

Very good article.
I don't like that people keep saying sacking benitez won't fix all of the problems. Nothing is going to fix all of the problems, but addressing an immediate problem is still the right thing to do. Even the journo says we've gone to playing "dour football from 15 years ago". That itself is why he had to be sacked.

Says something when I'd trust someone like Sharp in that boardroom far more than the owner when it comes to footballing decisions, including a new manager.

But have we though based on the last decade or so in general? or is it that our expectations have been raised based on Moshiri's willingness to invest in the playing squad?

Moshiri's 5 years as owner:

7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th

Prior to that we had finished 11th, 11th, 5th, 7th in the previous 4 seasons when Kenwright was owner.

The truth is mate we've been on a downward spiral since Moyes left and the character/quality squad he had built started to wane as Martinez started bringing in his own players.

Players like Jagielka, Distin, Baines started to age and weren't replaced.

We then compounded that issue by selling our top quality players in Lukaku, Stones and Gana Gueye (the spine of the team) and replaced them with the likes of Sandro, Delph & Ashley Williams.

Recruitment has ultimately killed us - West Ham are a good example under our man Moyes of having a poor board/ownership who are hated by the fans yet are succeeding on the pitch because the management, the players, the recruitment is sound - like it was under Moyes here despite our board consisting of relics and leeches like Kenwright, Robert Earle, Lord Granchester.

Im not saying Moshiri doesn't deserve some level of criticism as his decisions at times have been poor so thats right to question - but the idea of us chasing him oot with pitchforks and suddenly we have our club back is fantasy stuff and very misguided imo.
I can see a pattern forming here will ‘Mosh Man’ become your new Rafatollah?