Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 108 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,235 92.0%

• Total voters
I don't like that people keep saying sacking benitez won't fix all of the problems. Nothing is going to fix all of the problems, but addressing an immediate problem is still the right thing to do. Even the journo says we've gone to playing "dour football from 15 years ago". That itself is why he had to be sacked.

That's the thing mate, we all know our problems are deeper than just Benitez, but his appointment added to those problems, toxic atmosphere and divided fanbase right from the off, 1 win in 13 games, he had to be volleyed.

Last edited:
I don't like that people keep saying sacking benitez won't fix all of the problems. Nothing is going to fix all of the problems, but addressing an immediate problem is still the right thing to do. Even the journo says we've gone to playing "dour football from 15 years ago". That itself is why he had to be sacked.

I don’t think anyone (anyone rational) thinks he should have kept his job. The wider point is that the structure of the club and the people running it are completely out of their depth and will changing the manager actually solve those overarching issues?

Not including Dunc and Unsworth we’ll soon be on to our seventh manager since Moyes left. There’s a very strong argument that outside of clubs who get relegated (and even then clubs like Norwich are expected to be yo-yo clubs) we are the worst run club in the premier league and if you factor in the resources we’ve had since Moshiri arrived and just our general status as a club that argument is only strengthened.

Bingo, not the only problem, but the biggest immediate problem that has an achievable solution.

Can't restructure the entire club in a day but you can sack the whopper who's clearly finished as a top level coach.

Its far too cushy at board level to the point where no one is questioning Moshiri.

Self proclaimed super bloos are sitting in the boardroom allowing the Club to become an utter shambles all because their pockets are getting filled up every month, year, whatever it is.

Every single member of that board is as responsible for this mess as Moshiri is, at least Farhad has been pumping in dough.

Very important decision for Moshiri now.

Whoever comes in has a hell of a job to do now. It's one thing to steady the ship as it is, but to actually get it on course once it's not listing just knackered 6 managers. The new guy needs cajones and a steel belief in himself and get the players into the same mindset.

Screenshot_20220117_164123_com.android.chrome.jpg

With the appointment of Graham sharp and the rumoured appointment of Tim Cahill and Roberto Martinez, it feels like moshiri wants out and is letting kenwright bring his own people in. Can't say I'm too disappointed as moshiri has been a total disaster.

With the appointment of Graham sharp and the rumoured appointment of Tim Cahill and Roberto Martinez, it feels like moshiri wants out and is letting kenwright bring his own people in. Can't say I'm too disappointed as moshiri has been a total disaster.
If he wants out hopefully we can get a rich owner who can compete. Would that be a bad thing.

Benitez has ripped our soul out now they want to spit on us with Martinez sorry they can get knotted this isn't a game this isn't a joke this isn't about your egos this is about the club. Do the sensible thing get a interim manager like Dunc to make us solid get us safe then reassess. Don't play my turn with Blue Bill getting a go to bring our Bobby home who utterly failed for two seasons with a better squad!!!!!!!!!!! FFS

I was told Kenwright did the Patterson transfer from start to finish.
He does do transfer negotiations, but he is actually quite highly regarded in this respect. I've seen a number of quotes from other clubs and agents that he is ruthless when it comes to that sort of thing. It's just that he's a dopey Luvvie who doesn't have any money. If he was rich, he'd probably be a decent owner.