Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
There are has been considerable input since the announcement of our new major shareholder, a mixture of positive, negative and in between.

May I say just as with RM who has been given time and many state judge at the end of the season. Likewise give our new major shareholder time, say one year by which time we should have a very clear idea of the direction the club is heading in.

Majority is positive, some wildly expectant, but you make a good point - give FM chance to get his feet under the table, view the club from the inside, formulate his plans and then put them into action.
Doubt we'll see any real evidence of change or the nature of any plans before the end the current season, so hopefully, the summer will be productive on many fronts.
COYB !!!

That Mate is what I would like to see. So visitors can see as they enter the river this big stadium. They will ask what is that? who plays there. The answer of course will be EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB. I would prefer that to hiding the ground in some bleeding park out of sight.

I'd love to see Goodison given a massive facelift, but the thought of a river-frontage stadium something like the Allianz is making me go weak at the knees - I'd have said making me horny, but that wouldn't be very gentlemanly would it ? :):)

R&W Holdings i believe held 30% of the Arsenal total shares so would value the club at 1.33billion in total which honestly i have no idea if thats under or over market value mate, guessing people with more insight would know a lot more

Had a brief look around and a few 'financial experts' had them valued last summer at 1.1b or so, so ballpark figure sounds about right

Just looking into this a little bit and how much has he reportedly paid for the 49.9%? was it something like 75m quid in total?

Seen figure as low as £30 million for the 49.9% mentioned, so who knows mate.

Cant wait for some info on it all, from the club.

I'd love to see Goodison given a massive facelift, but the thought of a river-frontage stadium something like the Allianz is making me go weak at the knees - I'd have said making me horny, but that would be be very gentlemanly would it ? :):)

HAHA, what ever turns you on Mate. AS for GP while I love the place and it's memories I do think the foot print is too small. In addtion any colossal building woul;d not be nice on the people living round about.

WE are not LFC making peoples lives a misery to get them to sell and shift, ffing Bbbbs.

That Mate is what I would like to see. So visitors can see as they enter the river this big stadium. They will ask what is that? who plays there. The answer of course will be EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB. I would prefer that to hiding the ground in some bleeding park out of sight.
I agree 100%. If we can't redevelop Goodison, then a waterfront new stadium is the only alternative for me. Even now after all these years I still get mocked by kopites who still point out the echo arena could have been your stadium site. They are already jealous of our investment, imagine the fume levels if FM delivered us a brand new iconic waterfront home.

That's the location I was thinking of, imagine it. Would be fantastic and a monorail from the stadium to town.
besides the obvious Simpsons joke, seeing the pictures of the old tram in the museum has to get people thinking if we had a dock based ground. Would quickly be into town without the traffic- straight to bars/resturants/hotels.
Would also, like some Germany teams, the match ticket including public transport for a day would be amazing. That would improve sightseeing massively too. Which the city would benefit from.

If Everton is going to expand it's fan base world wide it has to be recognizable with the city of Liverpool. I think choosing a waterfront location would be a fantastic move. I live in the US and from my (albeit limited) experience you get that quizzical look from non football fans when you say you support Everton. It's usually "where's Everton from?".

We've already been competing with the first two - Spurs have only just overtaken us and that has been down to the draw of London/the Bale money.

The gap between the 'money clubs' and the rest has become smaller and smaller anyway due to the TV money. It now just means that we're not just relying on that TV income to compete (or stand a chance of doing so).

Yeah it definitely closes the gap which is closer than its been for ages anyway due to the increase in tv revenue, just tempering expectations. Not that I've seen many blues getting that carried away anyway.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back