Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
I believe that if the performances are in line with top 6 and the stadium is built then there would be no need for Moshiri to sell.

Why would he?

I do think with that email the penny may be dropping that he has to restructure...our only hope is that he has actual professionals come in to drive change.

Hopefully the summer 2023 season brings strong commercial deals for the stadium in early 2024 and we can go again.

But he really needs to restructure before hiring a manager.

My guess is summer 2023 we'll be ok.
Why would he sell?

To turn a profit and stop having to constantly inject 100 million cash into us each year.

Why would he sell?

To turn a profit and stop having to constantly inject 100 million cash into us each year.

Dont think he will need to inject so much if the commercial side of things improves along with on the pitch as i mentioned.

Besides.. £100mil isnt huge for him...hes making multiples of that a year.

For a multi billionaire a top premier league side is quite a status symbol.

What amazes me is that he can't find someone through the USM network, who could come in as CEO or otherwise senior role at Everton, and bring some hard-nosed business acumen into shaking up the club. 6 years in, and that hasn't dawned on Moshiri and Usmanov. Surely in addition to pot loads of cash, they have connections galore.

They don't take prisoners doing business in Russia, so I'm amazed that they sit back and lap up the embarrassingly amateur regime at Everton.

I don’t know whether you’ve noticed mate, but we have been getting worse and worse and worse since the day this fella came in. “Be careful what you wish for” applies pretty to much to our exact scenario, as we were all wishing for a billionaire owner and the club will soon be staring down the barrel of oblivion if things continue the way they’ve been going. There has been no indication that this owner is willing to change his ways and implement a proper structure from the top of the club down, or that he’s even aware of how bad a mess we’re in. His stadium isn’t that magic ticket either, be careful what you wish for indeed.

Exactly, that was what I was trying to say. But now we are in this situation sometimes it's better the devil you know than one you know nothing about and that would be the case if a new owner landed in our laps. Might be much better, might be much worse. The stadium isn't a magic bullet but getting the infrastructure brought up to the 21st century is critical to what we can do going forward. I don't think many owners would have done what Moshiri has done and he deserves credit for that despite the on field problems.

The guy has shown zero remorse for the mistakes he has made nor any inclination to do things in any way differently in future. It is obviously a possibility that the next owners could be even worse, but at this stage I can barely even fathom that; I'd take my chances on new ownership in a blink.

I can't say I know this for sure as I don't know the guy but at the end of the day it's his asset and he's paying out hand over fist, I would therefore imagine he is very remorseful and wants to do something in a different way to get a different outcome. It's not like we have stuck to one plan, we've tried different types, people underestimate the size of the task. Look at utd and how much they spend, okay they are not anywhere near relegation but they are no where near what they should be either. There isn't a full proof solution, we've been unlucky in some periods and we've been profligate in others.

The biggest issue we have is that we are not a big enough name (or have have budget) to attract the best players and we are too demanding as a fanbase to sit and just turnover good pros a la a Brighton or a.n.other midtable side. That leads us to the dangerous middle ground where they might be very good players or once anyhow but have come to pad out their pensions.

What have you and the other happy clappers found to praise in that statement?

That he's converting 100 million that has been wasted under his leadership into equity that helps him gain enough control to stop having an AGM? It's an accounting trick and nothing more than that.

Or its him commiting more money to the club, another £100 million that he will not be getting back.

Are you putting £100 million in ??

He has sorted this gound for us, something nobody else has done for almost 30 years.

Fans moaned about communication....and now he has communicated, and told of how he is commited to the club.

Oh yeah, terrible words, lets hound him out and let someone from that massive waiting list of billionaires waiting to sink money into us.

Sooo many fans need to get a grip and get on with their lives, he he is trying, and putting money in.

The only thing you can say in Moshiri’s favour is that he hasn’t (yet) tried to gut the club and rack up loads of external debt like the Glazers or those two tits did at the tin mine.

That’s literally it. Pumping money in isn’t a positive given how he’s let it be wasted.

Or its him commiting more money to the club, another £100 million that he will not be getting back.

Since when is he committing more money? How is it he will not be getting the money back?

He's not committed more money 'cos that's already been and gone. What he's done is to turn it in to
equity (shares). It's a complete misnomer.

Don't get me wrong as an Evertonian I am grateful Moshiri has put money full stop. But it's been misspent.
The management of the club has been negligent for some time, before Moshiri. Ultimately the way
the club is run seems to have got worse. If it were any other business, they'd be changing their CEO
and other operations leads some time ago.

Since when is he committing more money? How is it he will not be getting the money back?

He's not committed more money 'cos that's already been and gone. What he's done is to turn it in to
equity (shares). It's a complete misnomer.

Don't get me wrong as an Evertonian I am grateful Moshiri has put money full stop. But it's been misspent.
The management of the club has been negligent for some time, before Moshiri. Ultimately the way
the club is run seems to have got worse. If it were any other business, they'd be changing their CEO
and other operations leads some time ago.

Its still £100 mill he has put in, and how it was spent does NOT make that £100 mill any less relivant, show us your £100 mill??!!

The whole club need to do better, Moshiri included, but its not easy else every club would be top.

It's been a mixed bag with Moshiri. He has spent a significant amount and got the new stadium going. However most of the amount we've spent since he's been here has been wasted on crap transfers and terrible managers. Really just needs to stop meddling in the football side of things. Get a quality DOF and actually let them run the football operations instead of Moshiri handing picking managers and letting those managers dictate recruitment