Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
I reckon he will want to make a splash personally - I don't see him as this big in the spot light owner, however from everything i have heard through people close to things he is extremely ambitious and wants to succeed. I am seriously hoping he is the type of man who won't take no for an answer.

The fact that Mourinho could potentially be at the table at the moment, in my opinion, shows the level of ambition of the man.

I love Moshy already. He's the man. And he will make us top club again.

I'm not disagreeing with a lot you're saying but those of us old enough to remember Everton when we took it for granted we were great have been pulling our hair out for Decades watching our fanbase slowing being spoon fed mediocrity and swallowing it without question. Everton are a massive club, with a younger fanbase that's largely forgotten that, if our fans are losing track of what we are, how can we expect Southampton, West Ham fans etc to see us any other way? Mourinho would be a massive shot in the arm and a reminder that Everton are back. We'd be using him as much as he'd be using us, it would be a two way street.

I'm in my 40s mate I was a STH through the mid to late 80s so I know exactly what you're saying but times change and in this day and age it's money not history that dictates. We've been caught daydreaming with our kecks down and fell way behind the status quo, the stadium issue cripples us.

I think a lot of younger fans (not all I'm not trying to disrespect the younger fan base) think that Moshiri means we cancompete with the likes of Man U, City, Chelsea and the european elite in transfer dealings when in reality we'll still struggle to outspend Liverpool, Spurs and the likes. I just think Mourinho is too rich for our blood at this minute. As I say, if he came I'd literally wet myself especially for my 9 and 7 year old who have endured bitter disappointment but I just think we need to be careful what we wish for.

Conversations between "his people and "our people" have continued.
815915_the-lord-of-the-rings-the-hobbit-bilbo-faint.gif

The original 4 I was aware of were Jose, Pellegrini, de Boer and Koeman. I think more candidates have been sounded out, the process is being handled differently now than originally so cannot add to those names.

Does this suggest that the initial approaches to those four names met with little success and the search has now been widened beyond them?

Does this suggest that the initial approaches to those four names met with little success and the search has now been widened beyond them?

I think it suguests we are exploring as many prospects as we can on a professional manner, which as a business we should do.

I am glad we are not adopting the lazy approach of phoning round a few friendly chairmen as in the past.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about a caretaker role for the last few games which have very little meaning in the big scheme of things - not the permanent solution.

So Unsworth or Sheedy would have been fine for a few weeks and to give us all a lift that change is defo coming.

I'd have been content if they had found some random punter called Derek off the street with a springer spaniel called Dixie to see the season out.
I think he is probably one of the only managers around that can keep our best players here voluntarily after the summer.

Even if he refreshes the squad with the quality additions he would inevitably be able to attract and then left in 2/3 years then we would be better for it.

I think wages are currently the major stumbling block, we are rich... But not 250k a week rich

Then sell the lawnmowers. Keep us going for a couple of years.

I think he is probably one of the only managers around that can keep our best players here voluntarily after the summer.

Even if he refreshes the squad with the quality additions he would inevitably be able to attract and then left in 2/3 years then we would be better for it.

I think wages are currently the major stumbling block, we are rich... But not 250k a week rich

While i think thats a valid point, his people would have approached us (if everything is true) knowing we wouldn't offer that amount. If talks are progressing i would presume that wages aren't a massive stumbling block for Mourinho.

Richest Clubs in the world offering him stupid money - doesn't mean he would get the same everywhere he went. Id guess when at porto he would have been on a damn site less then Martinez gets, and living a very healthy life at the same time!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back