Fellaini handed a 3 match ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've got away with that. There can't be many people who expected such a short ban. Is that the luck evening itself out from all those unjust decisions?

Hug?? there is almost penetration!!

Making the thread NSFW now, aren't we?
Nah mate, I agree with you. Seemed like every Stoke player was hellbent on staying within butt-contact of every Everton player in their penalty box.

We've got away with that. There can't be many people who expected such a short ban. Is that the luck evening itself out from all those unjust decisions?

No, its the FA rules. We've got away with nothing, its exactly what the rulebook says would happen.

Look up how long Zidane was banned for his headbutt on Materazzi, for example.

No, its the FA rules. We've got away with nothing, its exactly what the rulebook says would happen.

Look up how long Zidane was banned for his headbutt on Materazzi, for example.

So Halsey sits down with the FA and says he saw the elbow/backwards headbutt and the palm to the face but didn't think they were fouls. For one thing I find it difficult to accept that he did see them with everything else going on at the time. If he did see them he would be the one referee out of a hundred who didn't think they were worthy of at least a caution.

It wouldn't surprise me if the FA said to Halsey "You didn't think they were fouls? This could set a bad precedent. Just say that you didn't see them and we'll deal with it." We don't know how above-board things are inside Soho Square.

Someone has said that Halsey was particularly grateful of the support Everton offered him during his cancer battle. Following on from how Chelsea dealt with the Clattenburg incident maybe the Referee's Association found our approach refreshing and did us a favour? Given the media attention that it has had over the weekend the referee must have discussed it with his colleagues.

You just know the referee's are going to start clamping down on penalty area tugs. Starting with West Ham on Saturday. 3 penalties to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back