Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just that he probably couldn't have done 90 minutes - my understanding is he only trained once this week

Well then you play him till you have to take him off and then bring gomes on when the games has slowed down and suits him more.

Absolutely baffling not starting allan. Massive mistake by Ferguson as well as starting townsend.

The only positive Ferguson could’ve brought to this stint is a lift similar to last time. The thing is about last time, there was more he could change to bring contrast because he was taking over from Silva. It was easier for Ferguson to bring in a simpler, more physical route one style of play to refresh things a bit. Problem is we’ve been playing that all season, so this time there’ll be hardly any difference.

It’s clear to see that he’s limited tactically, and I also wonder what his role has actually been for the last however many managers we’ve been through, because he has been part of that failure.

Our club needs massive change, and soon.

So did we win then? No we didn't.

This is like Martinez telling us we won the possession stat so we should be happy.

I could of won the lottery tonight and became a millionaire If I put the right numbers on but I didn't so im not.

The answer is we need a progressive manager who plays a modern style of football with the idea of getting the most out of the players we have. Not playing 442 and bang it long.

We need to play 433 push the full backs forward and the opposite wide forward on the flank to the one were attacking down needs to push into the box in order to support the striker with a runner from the midfield arriving late. With the second midfielder supporting and the third can push back into the cbs so he can either press the ball if it breaks or drop back creating 3 across the back and helping against counter attacks. Then when in defence you can almost shift to a 451.

Thats personally what I'd be looks for someone to do with this team.
We all know about the formation , we all want 433 .
We all want a young progressive manager.
And we all want a win & goals.

But you are berating a stand in manager (same as Benitez etc) with the same squad with half fit centre mids.
Villa camped in their own half and on the rack & there for the taking.

Have a go at the players missing the chances cos they are the only ones that can change this not a stand in manager.

If mina had been fit we wouldn't of had to play keane then we wouldn't of conceded so many goals?

Like where do you draw the line? If this was different and that was different then it would of ended up being different, yeah obviously bit it didn't so its not.

As you said I wouldnt let benitez get away with it so im not letting dunc.

What i will say though is i think Ferguson did a excellent job at getting the crowd going this week and it was a fantastic atmosphere.

That's the funniest thing for me, Dave reckoned that if Mina had played against West Ham and Watford we don't get beat! lol

Mina looked dodgy today and I've always thought that With a flat back 4 Mina and Keane have been our best pairing because Keane doesn't have to think about it.

The only positive Ferguson could’ve brought to this stint is a lift similar to last time. The thing is about last time, there was more he could change to bring contrast because he was taking over from Silva. It was easier for Ferguson to bring in a simpler, more physical route one style of play to refresh things a bit. Problem is we’ve been playing that all season, so this time there’ll be hardly any difference.

It’s clear to see that he’s limited tactically, and I also wonder what his role has actually been for the last however many managers we’ve been through, because he has been part of that failure.

Our club needs massive change, and soon.

We've expected the Ferguson lift mate, get the fans going, the Goodison roar etc, the thing is the atmosphere today was flat, it was really weird.

We've expected the Ferguson lift mate, get the fans going, the Goodison roar etc, the thing is the atmosphere today was flat, it was really weird.
It was flatter than expected because a few minutes after kick off it was obvious to everyone that it was going to be the same old from the team.

Everyone was buzzing before the game because they expected the same response as when he took over last time. I expected a lift but thinking about it, what could this group of players deliver differently under Ferguson than what we’ve endured this season so far?

It was flatter than expected because a few minutes after kick off it was obvious to everyone that it was going to be the same old from the team.

Everyone was buzzing before the game because they expected the same response as when he took over last time. I expected a lift but thinking about it, what could this group of players deliver differently under Ferguson than what we’ve endured this season so far?
I felt weird today, like I wasn’t expecting a win, like I don’t expect a result. I normally feel gutted after a game but I felt numb today by it all. Hope it’s not a bad omen but I do still think we deserved a draw and we will dig ourselves out of this mess.

We all know about the formation , we all want 433 .
We all want a young progressive manager.
And we all want a win & goals.

But you are berating a stand in manager (same as Benitez etc) with the same squad with half fit centre mids.
Villa camped in their own half and on the rack & there for the taking.

Have a go at the players missing the chances cos they are the only ones that can change this not a stand in manager.

You have to look at the bigger picture. Players will miss chances but you have to look at the chances created, the patterns of play and the tactics implemented by the manager.

There was none of that. When Doucoure went off we just started bypassing the midfield. If that's what were doing then why did he bring a midfielder on? Might as well brought a attacker on. Would of had more of an impact then onyango.

Status
Not open for further replies.