Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the minute I'd take him back with open arms.

Seriously, I'm convinced were going down.

This is the problem with our absolute moronic board waiting this long to sack benitez. We don't have time for a manager to settle in we need them to get results straight away.

We need 7 wins to stay safe and we have 18 games to get them wins. Were going to have to pretty much become a 1 in 2 team and we have won 1 in 14 games.

Allardyce relegated a team last season and that's the only job he's had since Everton, he doesn't guarantee safety. Added to the further negativity him coming back would generate, into an already toxic situation.

The RS bypass their midifield all the time for example. Doesn't mean they just have 1 body left in there.

lol fair point but to counter it their not completely crap like we are.

I'm not saying start the game that way just in that one specific example it probably would of been more effective to of done so.

Stevie wonder knows villa have a strong midfield yet dunc thinks two in midfield will do the job.

Puts the slow Townsend in instead of the form player Gordon.

If Rafael had picked that side there would have been hell to pay.
We created enough chances though. We bottled it in the final third as the occasion was too big for the lion hearts.

Slot some them chances and we would all be saying 'that's just what the dr ordered. Kept it simple. Well in Dunc.'

But we lost so now we can go back and dissect what he should of done better and call him not up to it after taking over a team thats won 1 game in 12.

But what about Allardyce at West Brom two seasons back?

He joined them when they were 3 points from safety and with 25 games to go in the season. They picked up 19 points and were relegated.

There's no guarantee with him.

Get a new and experienced manager in, for sure - we are desperate for experience now. But Big Sam wouldn't be my choice.
Nor mine. But in a world where "Bring a Blue Home" is an advantage to Rooney or Ferguson, Allardyce also "knows the club" and has a better record than either. But he's not a runner and, at this point, shouldn't be. I have no doubt he'd keep us up, though. We are in a better state than WBA were when he took over there.

I'm simply highlighting how dangerous this next decision is. People seem to want to give the job to inexperienced people based on sentiment. It's crazy. Sam is a *unt, but these are punts.

Perhaps that's where we are now, though. No manager will satisfy all of our criteria. Whoever we appoint is a gamble. I suppose I would like to lengthen the odds of relegation with this decision, though. Rooney or Ferguson seems insane to me. But there is no obvious viable candidate right now that comes with significantly less risk. We're rolling the dice.

We created enough chances though. We bottled it in the final third as the occasion was too big for the lion hearts.

Slot some them chances and we would all be saying 'that's just what the dr ordered. Kept it simple. Well in Dunc.'

But we lost so now we can go back and dissect what he should of done better and call him not up to it after taking over a team thats won 1 game in 12.
He himself said that he is not ready for the job ,where or how can he be right for the job .He said the last time it took him by surprise and it was all andenalin ,this time he had time to think and other than some not so good changes and one good one we played like Benitez .He had no fire in his belly he was in over his head and it showed .
Love him as a guy but I have no idea why he is still here ,you must remember he has been part of many failed managerial posts and he must shoulder some blame ,then he says he has not got enough experience to do the job .
We must above all get someone new in to clear the decks ,we don't need another yes man and we don't need Moshiri messing about with the team of signings .

My growing concern is why Ferguson has been a constant in the first team setup and dressing room regardless of who has been in charge of the club.

We must hope it's due to his prowess as a coach and 'getting' the club (instilling Everton values etc.), but as time drags on I'm starting to worry if it's the case.

In the snippets are to be believed, Ancelotti talked highly of him and reportedly wanted him at Real - this is a positive. But, who is making the decision?

Do the managers have a choice regarding his position or is a pre-requisite from above? If it's the latter, you've got to then question why he's part of the set up.

What I'm trying to allude to is that I worry if the whole 'club man' is a guise for really being a conduit to the board or specific people on the board - their man.

If that's the case, is he there on merit? Does his position in the dressing room benefit the club or actually hamper it? I'm talking about trust and responsibilities.

I liked Ferguson as a player and if he's the right man for the job then yes he should stay, but if there's any other reasons then he needs to be jettisoned.

We need to have the right people in the right roles, rather than based on sentiment or any ulterior motives. The club needs to move away from disharmony.
I agree. If he isn't given the job this time round he should move on. I do have the impression however that he's a better coach than people give him credit for.

I agree. If he isn't given the job this time round he should move on. I do have the impression however that he's a better coach than people give him credit for.
In terms of the last line, I sincerely hope so because the alternative school of thought is worrying in terms of the wider club - jobs for the boys and all that jazz.

If he truly deserves a place and the next manager wants him there, great. If he doesn't and/or they don't, I think it's time to part ways.

Nor mine. But in a world where "Bring a Blue Home" is an advantage to Rooney or Ferguson, Allardyce also "knows the club" and has a better record than either. But he's not a runner and, at this point, shouldn't be. I have no doubt he'd keep us up, though. We are in a better state than WBA were when he took over there.

I'm simply highlighting how dangerous this next decision is. People seem to want to give the job to inexperienced people based on sentiment. It's crazy. Sam is a *unt, but these are punts.

Perhaps that's where we are now, though. No manager will satisfy all of our criteria. Whoever we appoint is a gamble. I suppose I would like to lengthen the odds of relegation with this decision, though. Rooney or Ferguson seems insane to me. But there is no obvious viable candidate right now that comes with significantly less risk. We're rolling the dice.
I'd have Allardyce over Ferguson...but that isn't saying too much.

Realistically we have Lampard or Rooney to choose from.

I;d say to Rooney: "interim until the summer. Get us near midtable and we'll give you a 3 year contract.

If you're Rooney you'd take that in a shot.

Lampard would want a 3 year permanent deal right now. TBH, I'd hand it to him as well. Players will respect other players who've won the biggest trophies by and large.

We need to get to the season's end safe and sound and then assess from there.

Agreed, this is a BIG decision now and there are no easy answers

He himself said that he is not ready for the job ,where or how can he be right for the job .He said the last time it took him by surprise and it was all andenalin ,this time he had time to think and other than some not so good changes and one good one we played like Benitez .He had no fire in his belly he was in over his head and it showed .
Love him as a guy but I have no idea why he is still here ,you must remember he has been part of many failed managerial posts and he must shoulder some blame ,then he says he has not got enough experience to do the job .
We must above all get someone new in to clear the decks ,we don't need another yes man and we don't need Moshiri messing about with the team of signings .
Don't get me wrong its very very possible he's not there yet or will ever be at this stage. But surely any man needs more than a game to find out.

He is just honest. He doesn't have experience. And maybe we can't afford to give it to him. But you'd only find out after more than a game.

I'm hoping he shows a bit of ambition and leaves to try and become a proper manager some place else once we have a permanent manager.

Don't get me wrong its very very possible he's not there yet or will ever be at this stage. But surely any man needs more than a game to find out.

He is just honest. He doesn't have experience. And maybe we can't afford to give it to him. But you'd only find out after more than a game.
I do understand what you are saying but if he doesn't feel up to it then he has to go surely . Miracles supposedly do happen but not to Everton we are and have been for as long as I remember, unlucky .

Status
Not open for further replies.