Ferguson retained as assistant manager - yay or nay

Should Duncan Ferguson continue to be employed as Assistant Manager regardless of managerial appoint

• No

Votes: 234 56.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 180 43.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I can't cos we don't know any!

either he's been the only good part of the coaching staff in these 5 years, in which case someone has to say that, endorse him and make him manager,

Or

he's as culpable as the managers who have been fired, and should also go!

Like Brands, Unsworth and a few others, it looks like there's a job for life for him
Fair enough, a very truthful answer which I agree with.

For a club that has some of the laziest, weak, gutless, overpaid squad we've ever seen pulling on the shirt - I guess it makes sense to chase out one of the few people who have pride and actually seem to give a monkey's about how we perform. I don't know about an asst manager role - that's up to whoever comes in- but we should certainly keep Ferguson at the club. I'm ashamed to read some of these views.

Not many everton managers have went thier career undefeated. While playing the top 4 for half of them.

If he's seen by the current regime to be a potential future manager, they should be encouraging and supporting him to go outside of the club and gain experience elsewhere.
We send players out on loan to develop their game and improve, why can't clubs do the same with prospective managers ?

I had the same thought a year ago. A secondment in any other industry and actively encouraged. You would have thought potentially quite lucrative for Prem clubs and avoids severance for lower league clubs.

I had the same thought a year ago. A secondment in any other industry and actively encouraged. You would have thought potentially quite lucrative for Prem clubs and avoids severance for lower league clubs.
This is where the US sports structure of major and minor leagues, with the major league clubs having minor league affiliates works so well - they can move players and coaches up and down as their performances dictate.

Part of me likes the fact that Everton is a home for players past and present. People who get the club and want to be there are vitally important.

Then again I do think that it can lead to lethargy, mediocrity, the maintenance of a mid-table, middle-of-the-road, everyone's second favourite club status quo.

In the case of Big Dunc, I would say he should be told to go and get some management experience somewhere else. Without knowing what he adds behind closed doors - perhaps astute tactical insight and fantastic man-management - I am personally fed up of the chuckles as he is spotted on the touchline ("you wouldn't argue with Big Dunc would you" & "if Big Dunc wants to hold the board then let him"). I feel like shipping him out would be a symbolic rejection of the 'fight hard but finish mid-table' culture of the club.

Emblems are always important

Hopefully he goes away and wins the Scottish Cup with Aberdeen or some ish and then comes back a winner

For a club that has some of the laziest, weak, gutless, overpaid squad we've ever seen pulling on the shirt - I guess it makes sense to chase out one of the few people who have pride and actually seem to give a monkey's about how we perform. I don't know about an asst manager role - that's up to whoever comes in- but we should certainly keep Ferguson at the club. I'm ashamed to read some of these views.

I can absolutely understand your point of view on this Terry. But I think if Rafael becomes manager it would be wrong for Duncan to be the assistant. It should be whoever the person in charge wants to have and it would be in Duncans best interest to get some experience as a manager if that's what he wants to do. If he doesn't then I'm sure ancelotti will get him a job at Madrid and I'm sure he couldn't complain too much about that.

We need to change the culture at the club and unfortunately if vocal figures from previous regimes remain then I can't see the culture changing. We all love dunc and we all ideally want him involved but he has been part of the staff since Moyes left and we haven't done anything. While minimal amounts of blame for that can be credited to Dunc, he still has been part of it.

Part of me says just give him the main job but It would of course be a gamble. But its a case of either give him the manager job or let him go.

I think Big Dunc is near bottom of the list of 'the travails affecting EFC'... the current squad is a smack of jellyfish...spineless and thoroughly amorphous. Big Dunc was neither of those...I suggest he still isn't.

Not voting because I would want it to be the new manager's decision, ergo my view is irrelevant

I don't have a "yes" or "no" view, I would want the decision to be made on merit and at the discretion of the new manager - if he wants Dunc, sound. If not, the choice of managerial appointment should not be contingent on Ferguson staying on in a first team coaching capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.