Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry mate but i think that he is just covering his back there. hope he does stay but at what price lets see?

I think he is touting himself to Chelsea and ManU there to be fair.
I honestly think he would be happy if he stayed with us but would not refuse a move to those clubs.

I don't hold out much hope of us signing him although he has made the right noises. If you read closely that statement could be read in Benefica as 'manny wants to come home' it means nothing. I want to see the out come of the West Ham inquiry because players with multi-ownership I'm sure will be barred from the game here and that would be the start of our troubles.

I would hate an enquiry in those circs from the FA and the threat to dock goodness knows how many points.

I think we are in the clear as far as that is concerned Robert afterall the PL gave us permission to sign him and them oversaw the contract. It is the long term contract and the enforcement of existing rules that would bring big trouble.

Both Arteta and Fernandes come to the front and declare their desire to stay a part of our family and some people still do not believe it. I was hoping we had got rid of the negativity and pessimism from a lesser mentioned site. What more does our manager, team and individuals have to do to make people look forward to the future. Obviously these players have come out and stated their wishes as the board, moyes , the team and the fans have made Goodison the place that people want to be at again. I understand there has been bad fortunes in the past, but let the past rot. If the pessimists want to tell me "I told you so " at a later date then so be it. But till then, look onwards and upwards and enjoy the revitalisation of one of the most historic clubs in the world. The club no longer want to sell people, they are investing for the future.
This is not a rant, just a frame of mind and an opinion.

Both Arteta and Fernandes come to the front and declare their desire to stay a part of our family and some people still do not believe it. I was hoping we had got rid of the negativity and pessimism from a lesser mentioned site. What more does our manager, team and individuals have to do to make people look forward to the future. Obviously these players have come out and stated their wishes as the board, moyes , the team and the fans have made Goodison the place that people want to be at again. I understand there has been bad fortunes in the past, but let the past rot. If the pessimists want to tell me "I told you so " at a later date then so be it. But till then, look onwards and upwards and enjoy the revitalisation of one of the most historic clubs in the world. The club no longer want to sell people, they are investing for the future.
This is not a rant, just a frame of mind and an opinion.

Hear hear! Players will leave, but in general we are a much more desirable club in the PL for a player than most. Think AJ's sorry he came here instead on Bolton? I suspect not.

Let's just be happy that Arteta's saying what he is, compared with what others are saying about their clubs (Barton).

I don't think it's a case akin to the doom and gloom merchants elsewhere, just that people are perhaps a little cynical of a cleverly worded PR release from those associated with the player... I'm far more confident about Mikky, and I think were we successful in Europe next season we wouldn't have too much trouble holding on to Manny too, which would be great as I'd like to see:

-------------------------------Sweary Tim

-A Hibbert that can pass ---- Jo Yo----Jo Less----perm any one from 12

-Mikky -----------Manny-------------Timmy-----------a sober winger over 5 st dripping wet

-------------------AJ-----------------Vaughny/ Big Vic

for the foreseeable future...

Looks like a line up that will do well against everybody, Except that problematic left-back position.

Looks like a line up that will do well against everybody, Except that problematic left-back position.

Problematic left back, pull out the purse for Wayne bridge and rescue him from Chelsea's bench, and get MGP for left wing, problem solved. simple. If we cant do that, get the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.