Five Matches in 14 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
People say its a trophy, but it terms of how prestigious it is...its often mocked.

It is a trophy so why wouldn't people that's what it is?

As far as prestige goes it carries the same reward as does the F.A Cup.....entry into the Europa League.

And as winning the Europa League now offers a club a route into the Champions League
those who "mock" it are really being quite ridiculous.

In short....if Everton were to lift the League Cup come March, it might well be a springboard into the Champions League a year down the line.

And in my book that can only be a good thing.

Man U didn't put a full strength team out against us in the F.A. Cup semi final in 2009 either.

When we heard the team news on Wembley Way that day it gave us all a great boost.

In fact they went one further at the turn of the century by not even entering the competition.

Do you not regard the F.A. Cup as a proper trophy either?

How about the Europa League?

Do you think that is a hindrance as well, not worth the bother?

How big a trophy is, is entirely subjective, for me winning a trophy when the other team isn't trying doesn't feel like winning to me. That is why I don't like the league cup, only reason I would want to win it is for the europa league place

then you have to consider fitness if we remain in all competitions we will be probably be playing every 3 or 4 days, I don't think it's the wildest opinion to believe that the league cup may cause us fitness problems for other games.

How big a trophy is, is entirely subjective, for me winning a trophy when the other team isn't trying doesn't feel like winning to me. That is why I don't like the league cup, only reason I would want to win it is for the europa league place

then you have to consider fitness if we remain in all competitions we will be probably be playing every 3 or 4 days, I don't think it's the wildest opinion to believe that the league cup may cause us fitness problems for other games.

So you don't consider our 2009 victory over United in the F.A. Cup semi final to be of any value, then,

On account of they fielded a weakened team.

Or are you just choosing to ignore the fact that teams have been playing weakened teams in the F.A. Cup for years now because it completely undermines your argument about the League Cup?

And no manager ever treated the League Cup with the same contempt as Fat Sam treated the F.A. Cup when he played a virtual youth team against Forest last season.

Using the logic you are applying you wouldn't care about winning the F.A. Cup either and would welcome it insofar as it brings Europa League qualification.

Not for you the thrill of a cup run, the glorious feeling of seeing Everton run out at Wembley or the delight ,at seeing our skipper hoist a piece of silverware in the air.

So you don't consider our 2009 victory over United in the F.A. Cup semi final to be of any value, then,

On account of they fielded a weakened team.

Or are you just choosing to ignore the fact that teams have been playing weakened teams in the F.A. Cup for years now because it completely undermines your argument about the League Cup?

And no manager ever treated the League Cup with the same contempt as Fat Sam treated the F.A. Cup when he played a virtual youth team against Forest last season.

Using the logic you are applying you wouldn't care about winning the F.A. Cup either and would welcome it insofar as it brings Europa League qualification.

Not for you the thrill of a cup run, the glorious feeling of seeing Everton run out at Wembley or the delight ,at seeing our skipper hoist a piece of silverware in the air.

You keep missing my point entirely, I see the league cup as a smaller cup as do many others while highlighting different reasons why I think it is. it's my opinion, football is entirely subjective, you are entitled to yours as I am to mine. I see the other cups as bigger cups.

look It's like trying to compare a night with Steven Naismith and a night with Mila Kunis, Sure we would all want to sleep with them both but if spending an extra 5 minutes with Mila Kunis means spending 5 less with Steven then Mila can jog on.

would be really nice to have Oviedo and Kone for this run, but Martinez said that's not gonna happen. :/

You keep missing my point entirely, I see the league cup as a smaller cup as do many others while highlighting different reasons why I think it is. it's my opinion, football is entirely subjective, you are entitled to yours as I am to mine. I see the other cups as bigger cups.

look It's like trying to compare a night with Steven Naismith and a night with Mila Kunis, Sure we would all want to sleep with them both but if spending an extra 5 minutes with Mila Kunis means spending 5 less with Steven then Mila can jog on.

I don't "miss" your point at all.

You don't rate the League Cup as being of any consequence. I get that.

It's just you can't explain why you feel like this......your only response is that it is "subjective" and then try to elaborate by comparing a night with Stephen Naismith to one with Miia Kunis (an absurd, sexually ambiguous analogy at the best of times but rendered more so due to the fact she is about to have a baby right now :eek:)

But you know what?

It ain't my policy to get involved in verbal ping pong with fellows whose argument becomes more threadbare with each post.

So I will offer you some advice.

Let Roberto Martinez and his medical team worry about how the players deal with the fixture overload.

He is paid big bucks to manage his squad.

Like myself, you are a spectator on the sidelines.

Our only input is to hoot and holler from aforementioned sidelines

This glut of fixtures means Everton are doing well at the moment.

These are exciting times.....just go with the flow, enjoy the games as they come.

I think too many boys round these parts play FIFA Pro Manager on the computer and have actually started believing they are in the hot seat and the pressure is on them hence they can't enjoy the football :)

Why would you wanna sleep with Naismith?

Thats just wrong man.

It ain't my policy to get involved in verbal ping pong with fellows whose argument becomes more threadbare with each post.

Have we really raised a beaten generation of Evertonians?

What's the matter with some people on here

I think too many boys round these parts play FIFA Pro Manager on the computer and have actually started believing they are in the hot seat and the pressure is on them hence they can't enjoy the football :)

A. I don't understand why you keep trying to belittle me with every post.

B. Saying that because I think playing more games may cause fitness issues means I think I am the manager?

C. the Naismith thing was clearly a joke, it isn't supposed to hold any weight or even make much sense it was supposed to lighten the conversation a bit.

D. what is threadbare about saying I don't like the capital one cup very much I think it may cause fitness issues and would rather our players focus more on our other campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back