Forgive me Farhad, for I have sinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker

Player Valuation: £50m
Bored in work so...

Here is the place to lay bare your sins regarding our beloved Everton in hope of some kind of resolution, but most likely ridicule. Seeing as I have created this thread I will go first.

The first football game my dad took me to was the Everton vs Arsenal game at the beginning of the 04/05 season. I sat in the main stand surrounded by Blues as Arsenal smoked us 4-1 with Reyes, Bergkamp, Ljungberg and Pires scoring for them and Lee Carsley getting our solitary goal. However I wasn't really allowed to celebrate any of the goals as I was an Arsenal fan at the time. I was young, naive and my dad clearly wanted me to escape the life of suffering I would inevitably have by supporting the blues so allowed this terrible behaviour.

I switched allegiances however and we now have season tickets.

Bored in work so...

Here is the place to lay bare your sins regarding our beloved Everton in hope of some kind of resolution, but most likely ridicule. Seeing as I have created this thread I will go first.

The first football game my dad took me to was the Everton vs Arsenal game at the beginning of the 04/05 season. I sat in the main stand surrounded by Blues as Arsenal smoked us 4-1 with Reyes, Bergkamp, Ljungberg and Pires scoring for them and Lee Carsley getting our solitary goal. However I wasn't really allowed to celebrate any of the goals as I was an Arsenal fan at the time. I was young, naive and my dad clearly wanted me to escape the life of suffering I would inevitably have by supporting the blues so allowed this terrible behaviour.

You switched for glory when Farhad took over you disgust me.

Even joined the forum the same month Farhad took over (Feb 2016) tut tut, it’s all slotting togeather.

Last edited:

Bored in work so...

You're forgiven.

I have a boss in work who decided to support the RS in his 40s. It was the Gerrard slip season too.

He's a bellend

I sinned.

Sat in a pub some time in the early 2000s watching us get embarrassed 7-0 or something by the Arsenal after an already bad run of miserable awfulness.

The thought crossed my mind, only for the swiftest, slightest part of the tiniest femtosecond: "find another club"

I went hone and showered myself in scalding water for the thought, and still haven't felt properly clean since, but the thought, however transient, was there, I cannot deny it.

Forgive me.

I sinned.

Sat in a pub some time in the early 2000s watching us get embarrassed 7-0 or something by the Arsenal after an already bad run of miserable awfulness.

The thought crossed my mind, only for the swiftest, slightest part of the tiniest femtosecond: "find another club"

I went hone and showered myself in scalding water for the thought, and still haven't felt properly clean since, but the thought, however transient, was there, I cannot deny it.

Forgive me.

That's quite some admission! My wife says that to me whenever we're on the end of a good tonking - "Why don't just support a better team?" etc.

The thing is, if I had to categorise my feelings for the club it is not really related to winning, or being entertained. The closest analogy I could make would be that of a son or daughter. I want them to do well, sometimes I get a bit cross with them, but at the end of the day we win and lose together. I just want to be proud of them.

It is different, because a football club is a lot of different and changing people, so I'm free to hate Allardyce with every fibre of my being.

I did once, in school, pretend to be a Man Utd fan as they owned the only part of the playground that was covered and it was raining.

Status
Not open for further replies.