Frank Lampard possible next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The myth of a manager for Everton should only be one who has won everything before, should be dispelled.

See Ancelotti and Benitez. They even´t gave us a identity or made us hard to beat.

I want one who writes history with us.
Also hate the “well he got relegated with…” myth. There are factors that result in trophies and relegation… cash and club structure is bigger a
Manager

The myth of a manager for Everton should only be one who has won everything before, should be dispelled.

See Ancelotti and Benitez. They even´t gave us a identity or made us hard to beat.

I want one who writes history with us.
A history of winning trophies should pretty much be bottom of the list of requirements for us right now to be honest. We’re not in a position to be challenging for trophies so hiring managers on their ability to do that elsewhere is pointless.

Even writing history with us is a big ask at the moment. We need a bit of a reset and a change in expectation. A manager coming in and doing what Moyes did is pretty much exactly what we need now, someone to get us back on an even keel, install a bit of an identity in what we do, and stabilise us in the top 8 with a view to pushing on. This constant desire to chase the top 4 immediately is not helping us.

Can’t argue with that mate, I’m not his biggest fan or anything but I’d have him over a lot of who we’re being linked with and think he’d do well
I can see it going either way tbf.

He is very fitness-centric isn't he - all of his teams are hard runners and try and play direct, fast paced and pressing football. Is that possible with this Everton squad? Remains to be seen.

On the other hand that's what Goodison wants to see. Add a couple loanees from Chelsea into the mix and I can see us frantically sprinting our way into the top ten.

Lampard, Rooney or Ferguson would be ok imo. They’re all young, British, and maybe have the passion and commitment for a long stint, which is what we desperately need to clear out some dross, replace them with better, develop a style of play and become successful again. We have had an unbelievable amount of change, and familiar faces, stability and everybody pulling in the same direction. is the best path forward for us. Or no planning will get us nowhere again. Any successful manager has to build success, nobody has a divine right, we need to accept how average we currently are, and plan to improve gradually. I’d personally prefer Rooney or Ferguson, over Lampard, but would be happy with any of the 3. Or Potter, but he seems unlikely now

Think it's too soon for Rooney or Lampard tbh, Lampard got the Chelsea job way too soon.

Out the 2 of them I would prefer Rooney purely on the fact he cares about the club.

Lampard, Rooney or Ferguson would be ok imo. They’re all young, British, and maybe have the passion and commitment for a long stint, which is what we desperately need to clear out some dross, replace them with better, develop a style of play and become successful again. We have had an unbelievable amount of change, and familiar faces, stability and everybody pulling in the same direction. is the best path forward for us. Or no planning will get us nowhere again. Any successful manager has to build success, nobody has a divine right, we need to accept how average we currently are, and plan to improve gradually. I’d personally prefer Rooney or Ferguson, over Lampard, but would be happy with any of the 3. Or Potter, but he seems unlikely now
Why does the British thing matter?

The bottom 3 managers in the premier league are all British. There are only 5 in the top flight!

Status
Not open for further replies.