Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did this take place? Hopefully there is no correlation with Bill getting a CBE off Tony; I'd hate to believe it was a cash for honours donation, when the money could have been invested in EFC.
He gave the cash in 2002, but got his gong the year before…

Said weeks ago that I don’t think he’s the answer, but we’re left with him or a complete nutcase wildcard who would be so unpredictable it wouldn’t be healthy.

I guess the perks of Lampard are that

• He actually likes playing Youth, so players like Onyango, Dobbin, Gordon, Branthwaite, Warrington, Patterson may actually get some really solid game time.
  • Has strong ties with Chelsea, so players who can come in cheaply and be effective like Broja and Livramento at Southampton
  • Doesn’t play negative football
  • Is a calm head, when it’s needed.
That’s what I’ll stick with and hope he proves me right, if we actually appoint him.

Didn't lampard fail with his two clubs. Not staying i want VP but he's atleast won stuff.

No he actually did quite well with Derby, even if they were performing with one of the higher budgets in the league.

Brought in Tomori, Mount and then Wilson who were big players as well as Marriott from Peterborough, we’re unlucky to lose out on promotion, as they didn’t really show up on the day.

Think pressure finally caught up with Lampard on the Chelsea job, I think he handled the egos all wrong, he fell out with Rudiger, who was a massive character in the background and that was his demise I felt, maybe his naive ways in certain regards too.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.