2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't have Keane as our best option, he has the mental integrity of a wotsit and just switches off too much plus we've conceded loads of headed goals with him in the side.

I agree our transfers have been a big bag of shabite but Keane is done at Everton mate - we need to try others.
We need a partnership and a leader it not about individuals. We didn’t get out 2nd half and conceded early because the players where still in the changing room.

I was surprised the first change at 0-1 wasn’t Rondon for Coleman and a switch to 4-2-3-1. Myko & kenny as the full backs. Get it up forward quick and let richie/Gordon/gray feed off the knock downs. That’s the only way we can score goals. We’ve no creativity in the final 3rd. I couldn’t understand bringing on Dele for Myko. I think some managers get caught up too much in formations and tactics just get it up the pitch into the opposition box

The thing about Lampard and every manager that has gone before him is that he is supposed to be a professional and an expert coach.

They should be able to see in training every day what we can see in 90 minutes each weekend. Yet despite that, Lampard and every manager before him has made excuses, stuck with certain players that continue to let the side down and play naive formations that either offer nothing going forward or have liabilities at the back.

I am somewhat accepting that we are likely to go down here but if Lampard wants to be entrusted to try and get us back up, he needs to really show improvement here. So far, I would rate his performance as a 2/10

We haven’t got the midfield quality to play with just 2 in there, yet Benitez persisted with it and Lampard keeps trying it. Has to be a 3 for the rest of the season, not flirting between 3 at the back, 4-4-2, 4-3-3. Go with a system that at home has looked occasionally like working- which is 3 on the middle. Doucoure was abject today, I think part of the reason was he was terrified of getting more than about 10 yards from the defence in case the ball was turned over.
Are they both wrong then?

All together now……………….goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn,.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn,.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn,.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn,.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn,.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn,.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn,.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn,.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn.goin down, goin down, goin down, goin down goin down goin down goin dooooowwwwwn??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

View attachment 159082View attachment 159082

Oh wait, you’re a red?? No way! You kept that so well hidden, can’t believe you fooled us all!

The thing about Lampard and every manager that has gone before him is that he is supposed to be a professional and an expert coach.

They should be able to see in training every day what we can see in 90 minutes each weekend. Yet despite that, Lampard and every manager before him has made excuses, stuck with certain players that continue to let the side down and play naive formations that either offer nothing going forward or have liabilities at the back.

I am somewhat accepting that we are likely to go down here but if Lampard wants to be entrusted to try and get us back up, he needs to really show improvement here. So far, I would rate his performance as a 2/10

Oh wait, you’re a red?? No way! You kept that so well hidden, can’t believe you fooled us all!
My flabber is gasted tbh mate, I had absolutley no idea that @Collyman was a wall pushing gobshite. He told me he was in the spellow before today's game, and I believed him.

Wonder how long he's had that message typed out, piddling himself with excitement and anticipation? Be a Shame if hes shot his load prematurely wouldn't it? Story of his life that tho.

Let's be serious. Most of the coaches in the game are mediocre at best at PL level. There is a small handful who overachieve relative to resources. Guys like Hodgson, Moyes and, dare I say it, Klopp.

Outside of flavour of the month runs of results very few really stand out. Even Mourinho is someone who I would say had a good run based on early success at Porto. He then just went to moneyed clubs for years and is actually pretty mediocre on a budget. His managerial acumen pales in comparison to Fergie and Wenger when you look at how they actually went about getting their results.

In the whole Moshiri era I don't think we've had one coach who actually seemed a good fit for our club.

Are they both wrong then?

Err, is that so hard to believe? Benitez was a disaster and Lampard is currently 1W and 5L in the league so far. They're not geniuses, or visionaries, they're barely competent top flight coaches. Pretty much every game we've played this season with a two-man midfield has been overran, with multiple configurations of personnel. It doesn't work.

Agreed mate - I don't think branthwaite has put a foot wrong.

I'd have Welch or another u23 in ahead of holgate and Keane tbh - I'm done with them.
Think Godfrey in midfield and Branthwaite into cb. Godfrey puts in a strong tackle and is quick, something chronically absent from our midfield today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back