2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly none of them I feel. Be a good chance to build on a mixture of more youth as well, judging by his work at Chelsea.

Or maybe buying some Chelsea players lol

Yeh the youth shout seems a bit of an oversight now for me. I understand at Derby he used the likes of Mount and Tomori but not because they were young they were just so good. Chelsea he used them in part with the transfer ban and again, they were so good.

I don’t know if it’ll happen here since we don’t have many good ones. Branthwaite continually being overlooked isn’t a good sign for me personally.

Talking rubbish there tbf.

I did think we started ok , just like soton and Spurs and Newcastle…but midway through the first half Wolves just easily took control. Second half they were camped in our half for the duration. It was a pathetic performance. Let neves dominate the midfield, the guy never runs yet manages a 40 yard surge upfield against us.

Relegation changes everything.

We may as well stick with him, but if we go down it'd mean he has some absolutely shocking record and I wouldnt trust him rebuilding this club from top to bottom, which would be needed.

I think he deserves to stay in charge but no one can be under any illusion that a relegation this season leaves Lampard with a very questionable managerial record.

If the worst happened and we had a poor start in the Championship, Lampard would be gone as quickly as Benitez.

He's won a total of 1 trophy and it was against a relegated and gutless Wigan, the Community Shield. The Wigan that humiliated our stable side though, don't forget that - as that was the cup run, out early as always.

Winners win everywhere they go. Not just "stabilise and find excuses", actually win. Regardless of the circumstances, they find ways to come on top.

Not in the same bracket as Fergie, who took over teams and on a budget made them not only "stable", made them actual winners, winning things - cups, leagues, European competitions, the works.
He actually won a league with Preston I believe?

But it wouldn't matter if it was Fergie, Busby or Clough in the current game. If you do not have the money you cannot win the trophies. I do wonder how we could have got on had Moyes stayed and got Lukaku, We were really close to being an excellent team then.

Since Moyes every manager has just peed the money away against the wall.

Absolutely shouldn’t be getting rid of the manager if we go down. It’s about 2% him, the rest is on the same spineless bellends who’ve let us down time and time again and on Moshiri for meddling too much behind the scenes (see agent Rafael for the worst of the lot).

Talking about going home but still worrying and thinking about the poor excuse of the team .
I bet the players aren't even thinking about it once they step foot out of the stadium .
I don't particularly like that Ped fella on ToffeeTV but he's right . There doesn't seem to be any accountability. When I mess up at work , I'm always ( and should be ) being held accountable.

I think the focus on the fans is completely insane. Negativity is part of the game. The period under Moshiri has been marked by incompetence, and now we are in the process of relegation. The reactions from the fans had been far greater in other clubs.

One must keep in mind that these are wealthy men and women in management jobs, who earn incredibly well, and coaches and players who live a fantasy life that is completely unthinkable for 99.999 percent of the rest of the population. It's disgusting.

Mostly people look away from this as long as they themselves get bread and circus. As long as the leaders make 4 out of 10 decisions correct, and the players put in some tough tackles on goodison, showing that they care. But when leaders largely fail in all decisions, and players spend all their time (or a lot of time) promoting themselves and their luxury lives on social media and forget to do what they are actually paid for, it will clearly create dissatisfaction. among the fans.

Fans who mostly can not afford to go to the matches because prices have risen so much in recent years, or have to prioritize away other things to sit next to Ola from Norway on goodison. Then you quickly get a little upset when you see DCL jogging around, while after the match he shows his new bags and skirts on social media after another loss.

It’s not franks fault, we were a mess before he came but he’s just too soon for us. Needed to gain a lot more experience but we hired him anyway. I don’t want him sacked at all, we’ve been there too many times but I don’t think it’s the right time for him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.