2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read that a few times on here since yest. This is very different. 70 minutes to try and plug gaps on a pitch against a side who really did start using the space is very difficult. Its not like it was a 10 mins to hang on scenario. We even went 2-1 up against with a man short.
Many seem to have the answer on what the thing to do was. In reality there wasn't one. The card was just to early to hold out.
Is right mate, they are a better team than we are anyway and, in Erickson, have a very gifted player who can see and execute a pass. We would have struggled to have contained them with eleven players, but, when we went down to ten men so early, the space that was left proved impossible to close. It is difficult to go down to ten men in any match, but, against Brentford, who have a master passer in Erickson and pace and movement up front it was even more difficult than it would have been against a different type of team.

I think you and Dave could be great friends you both have very similar harsh opinions on pattterson
Not down on the lad. Far from it. I hope he will be a club legend. Reckon he will be a very solid player for us. Especially with learning from Cole.
If your not a starting player, in a tinpot league, why would you be thrown straight into the fire if a relegation battle? With players who are on a massive downer and were making basic errors. No serious manager would ever throw somebody like Patterson straight in. Madness.
He would have been targeted all game
every game.

I'd have played Iwobi central with Doucoure and Allan
So the only actual player difference was an injured allan for gomes. And if allan had flared his knock up inside 10 mins, we would then be struck with gomes going into Palace.

Up until the red card, we were on top, controlling the game and comfortable. So arguably, he had it right. A situation out of lampards control caused subsequent set of events and the loss.

Iwobi would have been moved to the right from the midfield even if he had started in cm, as Coleman went to cb.

Read that a few times on here since yest. This is very different. 70 minutes to try and plug gaps on a pitch against a side who really did start using the space is very difficult. Its not like it was a 10 mins to hang on scenario. We even went 2-1 up against with a man short.
Many seem to have the answer on what the thing to do was. In reality there wasn't one. The card was just to early to hold out.
up till the 45th minute yes. Then, when janelt came on for bech, thats when he shouldv subbed too. Gordon was sinking fast on that right side. I still back lampard, but that was a mistake.

It is so Everton that the worst possible player to lose was a centre-back and that is what happened.

My only criticism of Frank, and I said before the game, that any team that relies on Gomes to shield would concede - but perhaps he had no choice.

If we don't prioritise a CB and DM in summer then there is no hope for the club.

Instead, what did they do in January ? VDB, Alli and El Ghazi.

It's like they only make transfers that are easily available - rather than work harder to strengthen the squad where it needs it.

Will Lampard get us over the line after 3rd time of asking, after Watford & Brentford. If he doesn't I expect him to be jobless on Mon. His tactics last 2 games have stunk. Why did it take till 70 min to change look of the 10 men when it was clear we needed it. Personally don't think he has done enough from his appointment to warrant another season regardless of the outcome. 6 or 7 away defeats in a row, meekly dropping out of the cup. Getting home wins thru sheer fan will power.

That second half was too negative right from the kick off. We went straight into defending on the edge of our box, and we couldn’t put two passes together. We needed to give them something to think or worry about and we absolutely didn’t.

Will Lampard get us over the line after 3rd time of asking, after Watford & Brentford. If he doesn't I expect him to be jobless on Mon. His tactics last 2 games have stunk. Why did it take till 70 min to change look of the 10 men when it was clear we needed it. Personally don't think he has done enough from his appointment to warrant another season regardless of the outcome. 6 or 7 away defeats in a row, meekly dropping out of the cup. Getting home wins thru sheer fan will power.
Inherited a team that had 1 win in 14 games, theyre crap which ever way you want to spin it, they arnt good enough - we wouldve won on sunday by 2/3 goals had it remained 11 v 11, playing 70mins with 10 men is tough & brentford used the extra man well after going behind

the board wouldnt dare remove him anyway regardless of what happens. as the vast majority of the fans remain behind him (myself included)

Inherited a team that had 1 win in 14 games, theyre crap which ever way you want to spin it, they arnt good enough - we wouldve won on sunday by 2/3 goals had it remained 11 v 11, playing 70mins with 10 men is tough & brentford used the extra man well after going behind

the board wouldnt dare remove him anyway regardless of what happens. as the vast majority of the fans remain behind him (myself included)

Why are you though? What has he displayed since end of Jan to convince you. If its because you just don't wanna change manager then that's not a valid reason

Why are you though? What has he displayed since end of Jan to convince you. If its because you just don't wanna change manager then that's not a valid reason
I would argue who would you like appointed, we could realistically get?
I think were strong at home again, I think the players are behind him and hes got good staff behind him, imo we cant fully judge until 5-10 games into next season

Think the reason for Gomes was that he played a blinder in the other home game against Brentford, and thought we'd have more of the ball at home, no good playing 2 holding midfielders in a game we were expected to win
And Allan wasn't really fit

Status
Not open for further replies.