2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE02584-3138-481D-A2ED-5A9FC26A1E6C.jpeg

I think he was all wrong for a relegation scrap. I think he kind of proved me right while dragging us over the line, so job done.

At least now he’s had first hand experience of the Everton horror show so he goes into the summer with his eyes wide open.

I’m sure he has the ability to be a good coach. Just needs a blinder from the DoF, some of our good players deciding they want in on the project and a massive slice of luck.

Ideally being so close to relegation will turn down the temperature on Frank for a season or two during runs of bad form. No need to panic with a bad stretch, etc. Provided he doesn't completely tank the club, he needs a couple of seasons to build, and that gets a lot easier if supporters more or less ignore mediocre results and ride it out. Two years of 10-15 finishes, discarding chaff and making some good young buys would be very healthy for the club in my very amateur opinion.

Calvert lewin might be the option to sell to buy players who have better movement and can take pressure off. if we have so little possession again. If we had a midfield who could play and esp wide players who supplied it might be different.
Just an early thought as tbh this whole re build job already looks a headache.

I think he was all wrong for a relegation scrap. I think he kind of proved me right while dragging us over the line, so job done.

At least now he’s had first hand experience of the Everton horror show so he goes into the summer with his eyes wide open.

I’m sure he has the ability to be a good coach. Just needs a blinder from the DoF, some of our good players deciding they want in on the project and a massive slice of luck.
Many people (not just Everton fans) expressed this worry about his management style. The common assertion was that he was not pragmatic enough to face up to a relegation scrap.
As you say, he got us over the line . . . just. We were in a hell of a mess when he came in and we could so easily have been relegated, but thankfully we weren't
Next season he starts with a clean sheet for me. Let's see if he can stamp his mark on the team after a full pre-season (and hopefully some of his own recruits)
I'm still fully in the Frank camp. Please don't let me down Frank. ;)

Yep,he has made errors since he arrived, but I actually don't think any other coach would have squeezed any more out of this lot, he has to be left along with Thelwell to construct the rebuild, it is a huge job, with FFP we may be looking at one or two "big hitters departing, hopefully the reported interest in Keane and Gomes is true, this may free up 20/30 million,Mina may possibly go abroad,15/20 million for him, Davies 10 million,Doucoure 10 million perhaps,Holgate 5/10 million,Kenny 5 million, we'll get nothing for Delph,just look to free up his wages, so 85 million maximum for them,"if" there is interest from other clubs in these players,I reckon there will be interest in Pickford and Richarlison,Calvert Lewin I'm not so sure, just think he may well stay put, if bids come along we have to look in excess of 50 million for Englands number one, considering we paid 30 million for him, Richarlison has to be upwards of 60 million if a PSG come calling, again considering we paid 50 million for him, we need outgoing deals done early though, last thing we need is last day transfer window drama when it is too late to replace these fellas.

With the fans help and Richarlison carrying the team, he’s kept us up.

He hasn’t been able to play football as he’d like to with our squad and situation, but this is his chance to gut the team and show progress.

That includes our playstyle as we absolutely shouldn’t be getting dominated by some of the teams who have done so against us since he’s come in.

Target for next season is no more than top half, play some good football, continue to improve our younger players.

Get us playing football, Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.