2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so true.

I was given an enormous amount of grief on this site by certain posters (who's names I still have) for stating my view. After being an attending fan since 1954 and a season ticket holder in the LGS since 1962 I stated I would not renew my ticket. Some thought it was sooooo cool to state that arl gits like me had no place in the modern game and should be hounded out of the club. One even stated there should be a cull to rid the club of such people like me.
Not very friendly at all.

As stated, I still have the names of those concerned.
It's sad really, and sorry you got to that point of not renewing.

But out of the ashes, Frank leads us forward.

I'm optimistic. Yes signings aren't glamorous, but they are effective and is a sign that Frank and Kev are building for a system.

We will undoubtedly have a few heavy losses, as well as a few poor runs of form, but I'm confident we will be comfortably safe. (However would be more confident once we get that number 6 that Frank wants).

I'm optimistic. Yes signings aren't glamorous, but they are effective and is a sign that Frank and Kev are building for a system.

We will undoubtedly have a few heavy losses, as well as a few poor runs of form, but I'm confident we will be comfortably safe. (However would be more confident once we get that number 6 that Frank wants).
A post I can get behind.

I appreciate the budget is tight but its a mark against Fronk if he signs Barkley.

If he's going back to raid Chelsea's squad fillers I would rather Gilmour who at least has age on his side (don't particularly want him either).

Even the promoted teams are outspenidng us,and have afar better squad and system running. if we dont get some choice players soon, we will be deep in relegation doodoo.

Even the promoted teams are outspenidng us,and have afar better squad and system running. if we dont get some choice players soon, we will be deep in relegation doodoo.
Here are some opinions that may end up true or false but are why I’m not as concerned.

I agree our squad isn’t deep enough.

However:
Lampard has a preferred system and we are actually buying players to play that system, something we don’t seem to have done since Moyes!
None of these promoted teams or lower half teams have:
A goalkeeper as good as Pickford
Center backs as good as Tarkowski or Mina
Left backs as good as Mykolenko
Midfielders as good as Allan or Doucoure
Young promising talent on par with Gordon
Strikers as good as DCL
Talent with a ceiling as high as Dele who has previously been considered world class
Sub options as capable as Gray, McNeil or Townsend.

We need more numbers and more quality absolutely but I believe our first eleven is midtable at worst and we can’t possibly have as bad a season for injuries as last year.

Those are all my opinions and my estimate is we come around 12-14th with the current squad, taking some beatings but also handing some out too in games where Dele clicks.

So what if they are outspending us. Doesn't mean it clicks. Especially forest and how many they have signed. None of them have far better squads.

We have outspent other teams for years and are prime examples of how it doesn't work. Villa are doing it also.

Chill out and stop writing garbage all over the forum.

:
Lampard has a preferred system and we are actually buying players to play that system, something we don’t seem to have done since Moyes!
None of these promoted teams or lower half teams have:
A goalkeeper as good as Pickford
Center backs as good as Tarkowski or Mina
Burnley did!

In Frank We Trust. if Lampard gets Barkley and Gueye i`m more than fine with it. we were in free-fall with a demoralised fan base before he came so we need to unite behind him whether we like the signings or not- for what it`s worth, i reckon he`s made some good additions

Oh so true.

I was given an enormous amount of grief on this site by certain posters (who's names I still have) for stating my view. After being an attending fan since 1954 and a season ticket holder in the LGS since 1962 I stated I would not renew my ticket. Some thought it was sooooo cool to state that arl gits like me had no place in the modern game and should be hounded out of the club. One even stated there should be a cull to rid the club of such people like me.
Not very friendly at all.

As stated, I still have the names of those concerned.
It's either that or they brand you as RS. I took my time joining this place and did it during derby week... apparently the crime of the century that immediately casts doubts. I then said Gordon was a diver... undisputed in many quarters, but that only ramped up the hatred.

So I'm really sorry you feel the way you do now and all I can say is don't let the haters get you down. You have every right to be a part of the club and people like you are the foundation of football... long before the Greed League came along. A game for working people ... wish you luck old timer. Chin up.

Status
Not open for further replies.