2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if they are outspending us. Doesn't mean it clicks. Especially forest and how many they have signed. None of them have far better squads.

We have outspent other teams for years and are prime examples of how it doesn't work. Villa are doing it also.

Chill out and stop writing garbage all over the forum.
Maybe you should rewatch last season. 10 points and 16 goals away in the entire run. We are such a shambles even lamps is saying dont expect miracles.. No, we dont expect miracles but a major lifesaving operation. if not, and with just burnley signings, we are doomed. Period.

Maybe you should rewatch last season. 10 points and 16 goals away in the entire run. We are such a shambles even lamps is saying dont expect miracles.. No, we dont expect miracles but a major lifesaving operation. if not, and with just burnley signings, we are doomed. Period.

Honestly, I have seen us n worse positions.

The players brought in have been sensible so far. They are addressing areas of need. It may be unspectacular, but it is solid sensible stuff.

We will be better than last season I’m sure.

Here are some opinions that may end up true or false but are why I’m not as concerned.

I agree our squad isn’t deep enough.

However:
Lampard has a preferred system and we are actually buying players to play that system, something we don’t seem to have done since Moyes!
None of these promoted teams or lower half teams have:
A goalkeeper as good as Pickford
Center backs as good as Tarkowski or Mina
Left backs as good as Mykolenko
Midfielders as good as Allan or Doucoure
Young promising talent on par with Gordon
Strikers as good as DCL
Talent with a ceiling as high as Dele who has previously been considered world class
Sub options as capable as Gray, McNeil or Townsend.

We need more numbers and more quality absolutely but I believe our first eleven is midtable at worst and we can’t possibly have as bad a season for injuries as last year.

Those are all my opinions and my estimate is we come around 12-14th with the current squad, taking some beatings but also handing some out too in games where Dele clicks.
What would you say that preferred system is, and who are the players we’ve signed who you would say suit it? I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just still a bit unsure of what it is we’re actually planning to and feel like some of the signings/links have the hallmarks of bringing people in because we can, rather than because they’re exactly what we want.

Honestly, I have seen us n worse positions.

The players brought in have been sensible so far. They are addressing areas of need. It may be unspectacular, but it is solid sensible stuff.

We will be better than last season I’m sure.
Just hoping Fronk puts a 10 metre exclusion zone around the new signings from our medical team!!

What would you say that preferred system is, and who are the players we’ve signed who you would say suit it? I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just still a bit unsure of what it is we’re actually planning to and feel like some of the signings/links have the hallmarks of bringing people in because we can, rather than because they’re exactly what we want.
I feel like Frank definitely wants a 523 like we saw against Blackpool.

I think Paterson is promising as a wing back more so than a full back
I think Tarkowski suits a 3 as a ball playing defender
I think Dele fits a forward 3 but definitely not conventional midfielder
I think McNeil will work well in a forward 3 as he’ll be able to work hard and press from the front and come inside to pass short, not just whip in crosses

Remains to be seen how it all works out of course!

———————Pickford———————

Patterson——Mina——Tarkowski—-Myk

————————Gana————————

————Doucoure———Barkley————

Gordon ————-DCL————-McNeil

Hey Liverpool won stuff without having a midfield, so maybe it's not the end of the world?

Gana would at least tackle people and Barkley can occasionally be creative

Not exactly a thrilling line-up, but if it were well drilled and everyone did their job then we could probably scrape to safety

In Frank We Trust. if Lampard gets Barkley and Gueye i`m more than fine with it. we were in free-fall with a demoralised fan base before he came so we need to unite behind him whether we like the signings or not- for what it`s worth, i reckon he`s made some good additions
We desperately need a forward before end of August we cant go with what we have , letting Simms go out on loan must mean they have something planned

We desperately need a forward before end of August we cant go with what we have , letting Simms go out on loan must mean they have something planned
you would think so ? a couple of months ago i was pinning my hopes on Simms stepping up which would`ve solved two birds with one stone.

you would think so ? a couple of months ago i was pinning my hopes on Simms stepping up which would`ve solved two birds with one stone.
I hope so , we scored about 45ish goals last season and have lost 10 with Ritchie going , we are pinning are hopes on Lewin staying fit and scoring regularly, Rondon as his replacement and or Dele stepping up and replacing Ritchie's goals, the midfield at present offers little or no goal threat and neither does the defense on a regular basis unless Tarks turns out to be another Mountfield, we need if we are going to be comfortable mid table say 55-60 goals if we can keep goals conceded down

Status
Not open for further replies.