2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have liked to have heard some fighting talk from frank ! Kevinkeegan style ! Not it was just 6 minutes and that was that ! It blatantly wasn’t ! It was the whole match ! He showed desire on the sides last season seems to have gone now !

Shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Knew he couldn't defend. Couldn't get promoted with a decent Derby team. Couldn't compete at the top with a good Chelsea squad. What made anyone think he could do a job here with this useless, mismanaged, thrown together squad?

I do feel for him because the club failing is absolutely not entirely his fault. But hard to back him because at the end of the day he isn't getting results and points are what matters.

Hired because someone scribbled his name on the side of the stadium. He's nowhere near ready enough for a job this big. He never was but we went and got him in anyway.

I say all this but honestly think he's a nice fella. It's just so clear he isn't capable of taking us forward.

This has nothing to do with FL - I don't care that much if he's a tory - I didn't like your comment and I really don't like you!
You don't care that he's a Tory but it was exactly your go-to point, not his football coaching ability. I can see logic is not your strong suit. I'll do my best to sleep at night because a stranger on the internet doesn't like me (hopefully you'll discover the block button and we can both live in peace).

Enjoy the forum.

There is no point in him saying he knows what Everton fans want and respond to lists them all correctly and then puts out a team playing the opposite

We are get the ball forward and press with intensity not this garbage he's dishing out, clueless going forward with loads of isolated players up top.

He’s tried 433, he’s tried 532, he’s tried being defensive, he’s tried being on the attack. We don’t play 451 and many see 442 as antiquated so I’m not sure what else he can try?

He played 532 in the first couple of games of the season, then went to 433 when Gana and Onana were signed. Don't think he played it again until the City game as I think he prefers Godfrey in the 3.

End of the day, he's not found a steady formation or system only the odd flurry of decent ideas here or there

Lampard changed how we play after the palace home game. We were well balanced with fullbacks overlapping keeping a high line and pressing. Thats all gone now. Iwobi spends more time next to our centrebacks instead of creating on the edge of our opponents box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back