2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we saw at the weekend is the same thing we have been seeing for the last 5 years. This squad is alright when asked to sit deep and defend for their lives against good teams. Problem is that doesn’t work against the other 13 teams in the league and you only get points out of the big teams anyway.

Absolutely suicidal way of playing over the course of a season. Teams that make that their style of play always always always end up going down eventually when their luck runs out.

Lampard is right to indentify this however the squad seem to either have no ability or intention to play this way (sadly I think it is the second) and until someone really gets a grip on the club it won’t happen.

Absolutely nail on head. And even sadder is people are talking about bringing in someone who will play for a point most games.
I wish there was a magic wand but there isnt. We've just bought to many players who dont deliver.
The only way i see out of it is we might have to still sit deep through default. But look at the city goal and gray. If we had just one or two with more pace so we can hit on the counter more.
But its all straw clutching.
Unfortunately we are reaping what we've sowed over to many years.

I respect all opinions but I cannot see anyone better than Dyche considering the job, and I am terrified someone like West Ham or Southampton get him while we putter about with this terrible manager or someone like Bobby Brownshoes.

Honestly, I think I’d take Dyche. Wasn’t hugely keen but even if we still went down, I’d actually believe he could bring us back up. And right now, there’s not many we are linked with that I would have faith to do so.

But that’s the pessimistic side of me, being pragmatic about getting someone who would then be able to bring us back up. I’d rather we just stayed up, and in that instance, I’m not sure who I’d want.

Still here?

He's getting Southampton isn't he? Dom King saying he's "well liked" so been given time.

Don't get it. Coldly firing previous managers after spending millions. Then because one is a "nice guy" they're letting him sink the club .
I don't think the club can afford the pay offs, Lampard has a massive backroom staff and both he and they have 18 months of their contracts to run. If we sack Lampard, the compo would probably mean that any new manager could not even afford to borrow a decent player. We would be reduced to taking very cheap free agents who wanted neither a long contract nor a high wage.

It's either that or Moshiri decides to ignore the p&l regulations, pays Lampard and his staff off, bankrolls a couple of signings for the new man and accepts the consequences from the PL.

Well for one, none of them will even be considered with the current board and owner. Our shortlist last January was a complete farce, so much so that a novice like Lampard and a nobody like Pereira were the final two. For another we are skint, and he is the only guy we seem to be linked with who has done well with no money to spare. He also can organize us in a way Martinez and Rooney likely will not be able to.

If he does stay on then he absolutely needs to drop the 4-3-3 and keep a 5-3-2. Have Godfrey/Tarks/Coady as the 3, Onana, Gueye and Iwobi as the 3 in midfield and have DCL and Gray to play in the Richy role. That's what worked for us before and sometimes it isn't pretty but it gets us enough points to stay in the league. The first time he plays 4 at the back he should be fired immediately, even before the game begins. We just don't have the players or ability to play with 4 at the back.

If he does stay on then he absolutely needs to drop the 4-3-3 and keep a 5-3-2. Have Godfrey/Tarks/Coady as the 3, Onana, Gueye and Iwobi as the 3 in midfield and have Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Gray to play in the Richy role. That's what worked for us before and sometimes it isn't pretty but it gets us enough points to stay in the league. The first time he plays 4 at the back he should be fired immediately, even before the game begins. We just don't have the players or ability to play with 4 at the back.
We need proper wing-back though, to make this work.

There is absolutely no chance that Tuchel or Poch etc even pick up the phone with us & if the did they’d put it down as soon as they heard “Bill Ke…”

It’s going to be a manager who hasn’t got a club, we’re that goosed that there’s no chance we can afford to pay off clubs for their managers. Especially after we’ve binned off Lampard & his staff.

It’s going to come down to Dyche & Martinez.

Villa sacked gerrard on way back from an away game, we are bunch of clueless idiots

Id have sacked lampard if he had that squad.
Havent got any issue him going. But if the new manager and board dont pull their finger out in the next few weeks then nothing much will change.
Unai emery walked into quite a decent squad with a forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.