2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think his go to formation is 5-3-2 but we will over the next few weeks if options become available. The weakness of the full backs in the attacking half of the pitch is what is killing this formation.
Patterson hit more balls into the final third than any other player yesterday 13/16. Mykolenko is the issue at the moment as he just doesn't fit into this system and is constantly playing the ball backwards, I'm honestly not sure he is up to it.

I have no idea if FL is going to be a success here or not but what I do know is that he has transformed the attitude. We have been spineless over the last couple of years - heads going down, heads falling off when the pressure was on, players jogging back instead of tracking back, no one really giving a toss if they get beat.

I see a far grittier team, getting stuck in, talking to each other and trying for the whole 90 mins. We're lacking quality, yes but lack of effort, which was the biggest issue for me, isn't something that can be levelled at the team at the minute.

I actually think his go to formation is 5-3-2 but we will over the next few weeks if options become available. The weakness of the full backs in the attacking half of the pitch is what is killing this formation.
The weakness of the team is clearly at centre forward. What good is a wing back delivering balls into the area to no striker

Coadys 3rd game, Tarkowskis 4th, Patterson’s 4th, McNeils 3rd, Onana 1st start.

That’s half a team of outfield players new to the club. Ever thought it might take a bit of time for things to gel, relationships to be formed etc. Not to mention the fact we’ve had ZERO striking options in the 4 games (I refuse to count Rondon as an option).

Maybe stop wetting the bed and give the fella a bit of time eh?

Coadys 3rd game, Tarkowskis 4th, Patterson’s 4th, McNeils 3rd, Onana 1st start.

That’s half a team of outfield players new to the club. Ever thought it might take a bit of time for things to gel, relationships to be formed etc. Not to mention the fact we’ve had ZERO striking options in the 4 games (I refuse to count Rondon as an option).

Maybe stop wetting the bed and give the fella a bit of time eh?

He took over on 31st of january. Into what i think almost every single Everton fan would consider an absolute mess. A mess of our own doing, particularly the past 5 years.
So it will be 8 months now. 8 months isn't even scratching the surface to turn this car crash club around. And thats even with everything in your favour like not selling arguably the best player.

It comes down to this. Is he worth investing in long term so we see the fruits of work behind the scenes come through to the pitch eventually. Who knows.

All i do know is this is one tough job. Its virtually a complete rebuild.

I hold no great affection for Benitez, I was simply pointing out the inaccuracy of the statement claiming Lampard has a better points to games ratio at Everton in Premier League matches. If people believe that Lampard is the solution to Everton's problems this season then it's their gift to believe that, personally I don't think he is, but he may prove me wrong and others right.
Frank Lampard undid the damage Benitez caused last season by keeping Everton up. The opinions of some beer bellied geordie are irrelevant to me really, and to most other people on here as well i'm sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back