2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it ever was to replace Richarlison. Think they felt Gordon and Gray would offer more and Dom wouldn't be broken.

The players we had bids rejected for were for pacey trickier wingers similar to Richy. The only striker we'd looked at was Dennis from Watford and rumours for Che Adams...so theres your budget for a striker they played with.

It's not worked and you'd think if they didn't sort it in January, it'll be very tough.

The majority of the money went to the midfield. Maybe we should've just pumped £30mill on a striker and kept Simms/Dobbin etc to fill. But it's all hindsight isn't it.

It’s not hindsight, loads of us on here were saying at the time that we hadn’t sufficiently addressed the goals issue in the squad.

Don't think it ever was to replace Richarlison. Think they felt Gordon and Gray would offer more and Dom wouldn't be broken.

The players we had bids rejected for were for pacey trickier wingers similar to Richy. The only striker we'd looked at was Dennis from Watford and rumours for Che Adams...so theres your budget for a striker they played with.

It's not worked and you'd think if they didn't sort it in January, it'll be very tough.

The majority of the money went to the midfield. Maybe we should've just pumped £30mill on a striker and kept Simms/Dobbin etc to fill. But it's all hindsight isn't it.
All of the areas of the pitch needed improving, it was a mess. We couldn't just buy a new attack and think that'd be enough if we had Keane and Holgate at the back and Davies in midfield.

Unfortunately that can be true alongside the fact that they also left us short at the top end of the pitch. Trying wasn't good enough.

It’s not hindsight, loads of us on here were saying at the time that we hadn’t sufficiently addressed the goals issue in the squad.
I gave them the entire window on that front - even though I was fuming they'd let 5 games of the season (15 points) drift by while having no striker other than friggin Rondon.

But I knew on deadline day they'd massively cocked up, and should have known they would do all along tbf.

But as it was always argued, the funds went to the defence and midfield. Attack wise was thought we could be "okay" but that's not happening. I mean...I was more fuming that we didn't sell Starboy

Hence why January is massive.

I gave them the entire window on that front - even though I was fuming they'd let 5 games of the season (15 points) drift by while having no striker other than friggin Rondon.

But I knew on deadline day they'd massively cocked up, and should have known they would do all along tbf.
Even that with the first 5 games scandelous how they just wrote them games off

'I just disagree'?

Brentford played well yesterday, but had been crap for a lot of games before that. Everton have been largely crap this season, but we've had good performanes too. The derby was a good performance, S'ton was a decent performance on the road, grinding something out. We played well v Palace but they played into our hands. We didn't do bad at all v Leeds and could easily have won that game (might have lost it too of course).

We aren't good and it's not good enough but teams around us aren't good either.
We've had one good performance where we were clearly the best side on the day. Can't say that about Saints or the Derby.

Brentford have had runs, I'm aware they haven't been on one but Thomas Frank has had them. Lampard has not.

I thought it was obvious at the time we needed a top striker with the Richarlison cash. They shouldn't be allowed the hindsight excuse if fans can see it.

Frank's performance comes with lots of mitigating factors, but the bitter reality is that his teams - second string and first choice - have been hammered twice in four days by a caretaker.

All of the areas of the pitch needed improving, it was a mess. We couldn't just buy a new attack and think that'd be enough if we had Keane and Holgate at the back and Davies in midfield.

Unfortunately that can be true alongside the fact that they also left us short at the top end of the pitch. Trying wasn't good enough.
As bad as they are, we have won plenty of games with Keane Holgate Davies Doucoure etc. We have never won a match where we haven't scored, or even created a chance.

Not prioritising good forwards is rock bottom for Everton recruitment in the Moshiri era. And that is really saying something.

We could have Nesta and Maldini at centre back and we'd still be down the bottom with these forwards. Build from the back mentality is an old school dinosaur mentality. None of our rivals in the league seem to follow it, except Burnley who went down and Wolves who are... let me check... bottom of the table.

i've already come to terms with the fact this board will not do anything until we are actually in the bottom 3 and lampard is staying and that they will fund the signing of 2 attacking players in adama traore from wolves and djenepo from southampton and we will score 4 more goals from now until the end of the season.

Bournemouth

PL Drew Fuham A 2-2
PL Lost Southampton H 1-0
PL Lost West Ham A 2-0
PL Lost Spurs H 3-2
PL Lost Leeds A 4-3

Before Everton tipped up at Bournemouth they had lost their previous 4 and drawn a 5th, scoring 7 conceding 12....

Everton tip up and they absolutely rip us apart for 180 minutes..... comprehensively beaten...
LC Win Everton 4-1
PL Win Everton 3-0

We are one of the 3 worst in this league...

Status
Not open for further replies.