2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think any of us are looking that far ahead. If he comes in here and organises the defence and gets the ball in the opposition box quicker than the sluggish lines of attack we have now then there';s a reasonable chance...with the addition of a couple of attackers...we can survive in the PL.

Dyche keeps us up tho, imo. And we'd all be a lot less sweaty had he had the games we've had post world Cup.
Just not sure how dyche gets a team that doesn’t score goals, has no reliable wingers or striker, to stay up. Being hard to beat wasn’t a problem until confidence fell through the floor. Someone who can come in and play a consistent philosophy in an attacking way is what is needed.

Aye fair points mate neither of us can know for sure. Looking at Arsenal pissing the league out of nowhere I reckon he’d have got a decent tune out of Everton though.
Look at the date of the poll and the question being asked. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the best manager in history replaced Silva (permanently). If anyone choose Arteta over Ancelotti as our next manager in Nov 2019 they need their head testing. It's clear now that Arteta is a great manager; it wasn't clear at that time.

I never wanted Martinez, Koeman, BFS, FSW or Frank because there wasn't enough evidence of their abilities for me. I was keen on Silva, but tbf, he'd been in charge of Hull when they were relegated the season before. Martinez'had just won the FA cup with Wigan ffs and Koeman had had 2 good years with Soton.

It just goes to show we shouldn't be too cocksure about our after-the-fact opinions. Few of the board's decisions were obviously wrong at the time (I don't excuse Sam and Benitez even without hindsight).

I agree that he was inevitably the wrong appointment because he's a kopite. But he is a good Premier league manager and if he was supported by the fans (which he wasnt) then he would have done a good job here for sure.

So good he destroyed all of Ancelottis work and nose dived the squad.

This is my point also: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s-everton-damning-statistic-problems-26042434

Why sack the manager when youve got the same players for the next guy.

How about we just sign some better players who can assist and score?
Agree.

The team yesterday isn’t far away from winning some games. Gray, Iwobi out for a couple of players with actual goal threat and creativity, a left wing back who can support the attack and has a threat and Paterson back from injury at right wing back and would make a massive difference.

I’d rather we do that than get Dyche, for example, and just expect him to give us a “bounce” with these same players.

Look at the date of the poll and the question being asked. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the best manager in history replaced Silva (permanently). If anyone choose Arteta over Ancelotti as our next manager in Nov 2019 they need their head testing. It's clear now that Arteta is a great manager; it wasn't clear at that time.

I never wanted Martinez, Koeman, BFS, FSW or Frank because there wasn't enough evidence of their abilities for me. I was keen on Silva, but tbf, he'd been in charge of Hull when they were relegated the season before. Martinez'had just won the FA cup with Wigan ffs and Koeman had had 2 good years with Soton.

It just goes to show we shouldn't be too cocksure about our after-the-fact opinions. Few of the board's decisions were obviously wrong at the time (I don't excuse Sam and Benitez even without hindsight).

How much has Arsenal spent on players under Arteta?

Whose their biggest signing since he took over?

Give that to Thelwell and Lampard and im sure they'd be doing alot better.

Ive supported Lampard and i like the way he talks about the club but hes never turning this around. Our team right now is pants. Proper Pants. I think at most we might get 10 points if lucky rest of season. Our best attacking threat cost 1.7 million and turns it on 1 in 4. I do not enjoy going to games anymore but go because i feel i have to. Even Walter Smiths team of centre backs had more goal threat than this team. And that falls on Lampard.
You have to remember that even the worse prem player was probably the best player in their area/ district yet he cant set them out to do the most basic things in a football match.
Get Dyche in. Probs play 2 wingers, 2 upfront , players putting in tackles and playing a style of football that Goodison likes. Sets up systems that make [Poor language removed] players worth millions ( Keane, Mcneil, Wood etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back