2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC article suggesting the pressure is on Lampard already…..
Suppose there’s always pressure but the article also suggested villa should have won by a bigger margin which is a bit generous but I guess they have to write something.
Pickford had one save to make today - Villa were there for the taking - lack of a no 9 plus a creative midfield & we will settle down with a win or two with added players - we need to get rid of deadwood 3-4 players on big wages ......

He needs to start winning. Can’t afford to suffer a few more defeat and the losing mindset spiral out of control. At the moment, the formation, tempo and lack of cutting edge makes it very difficult to score and win.

You can try and spin it however you want, but a few vocal posters on here isn't the pitchforkers being out in force.
The confidence of the fanbase is very brittle.

If the first 3 games go by without a win there will be a lot of people who'll be looking to replace Lampard. Some of them will be the same old pitchforrkers who cant hold their own water; but some will be just fearful that we might retain a misfiring manager way too longer than is healthy for our survival chances, as last season.

I dont expect that to happen btw. I think we'll see action in the transfer market to bring a forward in, and I think we'll see Forest off and get 3 points.

I posted earlier Lampard gets the season for me - and here you are claiming I want him to fail ?

Its just a mixture of paranoia and dislike and its all so unnecessary sir.
Read your posts since Jaffa was bulleted and Frank got the gig....i have.

You just throw in the little inuendo's and tit bits just waiting for him to fail.
Then to balance up its oh I want Fronk ( Fronk??? , whats that about ) to do well we should be 6th to 8th this season...then if he doesnt you are ready to slam him.
Almost everyon can see it , why cant you ?

You can try and spin it however you want, but a few vocal posters on here isn't the pitchforkers being out in force.
He’s right though. The fan base won’t turn on him for a good while but with every poor result the pressure intensifies. The media start to question him more, fans who liked a previous manager start to say ‘if x had had this run he’d have been sacked’, players start to lose faith in what they’re doing etc. We desperately need stability so we need to do everything we can to stop that from happening, but there’s no denying it will happen if we don’t start to pick up points soon. That’s why new attacking options are vital.

Read your posts since Jaffa was bulleted and Frank got the gig....i have.

You just throw in the little inuendo's and tit bits just waiting for him to fail.
Then to balance up its oh I want Fronk ( Fronk??? , whats that about ) to do well we should be 6th to 8th this season...then if he doesnt you are ready to slam him.
Almost everyon can see it , why cant you ?

Another exaggerated lie to justify an attack on me in your own mind.

8th-12th I said.

He’s right though. The fan base won’t turn on him for a good while but with every poor result the pressure intensifies. The media start to question him more, fans who liked a previous manager start to say ‘if x had had this run he’d have been sacked’, players start to lose faith in what they’re doing etc. We desperately need stability so we need to do everything we can to stop that from happening, but there’s no denying it will happen if we don’t start to pick up points soon.
Anyone who turns on the manager when he has been handed these dire attacking options, is extremely deluded in my opinion and should be ignored

Anyone who turns on the manager when he has been handed these dire attacking options, is extremely deluded in my opinion and should be ignored
I agree, but that won’t stop it from happening. The manager will always be pretty much front and centre when things go wrong. Lampard has a lot of goodwill from last year so he’ll be sheltered for a bit but ultimately if you lose a lot a manager you’ll be under pressure, it doesn’t matter who you are or what the circumstances are.

Status
Not open for further replies.