2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has any sense he'll have an e-mail post-dated for the day after the windows SLAMS shut to send to his favourite journalist if the Board don't get in the players he wants because he won't want our relegation on his C.V. because that's a noose you can't slip!?

You guys have mostly slagged off the board for decades. The current manager that has to put up with all that (for coin, yes) is putting up with the same thing we/you have been protesting about for 20 years. To then not understand that and have a go at the manager that has to watch what he says, and then see him as being part of the problem, is particularly super low IQ. Frank is a good manager for us to have right now.

Bit of both but generally his sub choices have been poor.

He sets us up well in games, he just is crap when it comes to reacting to what other teams do.

He got it wrong today by taking both Davies and Rondon off at the same time for the players he did, and then he failed to respond when MGW came on, when he had the option of Allan or even Dele to put us to a three in midfield and match them up.

Its why he lost the play offs and FA Cup Final - in game management just not at the level required to go all the way.

A shame really.

He was trying to play down that we are desperate because the world knows we are desperate. We are desperate but he cant say it.

But the fact that we are desperate is due to huge incompetence in our recruitment. Anyone who understands football knew we needed a forward before we even sold Richarlison!!
But everyone knows we are desperate

Everyone also knows we've been looking at a forward all summer so it was a clear lie

Its why he lost the play offs and FA Cup Final - in game management just not at the level required to go all the way.

A shame really.
Young managers are going to make mistakes.

Same as young players.

Its a learning phase, a transitional season to some degree, we are going to transition from utter garbo, to hopefully garbo.

Look hes been here 6 months now, ive seen a lot I dislike, but honestly, whilst I would rather we got Don Carlo back, people have been saying for years they would support the club if they saw a plan.

The plan is we have appointed a young manager, with a profile able to attract players, we have bought young players and we are giving them games.

We had Gordon, Onana, Patterson on the pitch today, all babies. Honestly dont wanna make it seem like im making excuses and people can point fingers at Lampard or whoever, but I will judge this manager and the players when we have a Striker. If we never get a Striker, well Frank will be sacked and oh well.

Just get behind the fella, thats not to you, its to everybody, if hes not the right fella, well we go again with the next, till then, back him.

He's a young manager and can learn but I'd expect better from his coaching staff too.

It's clear as day at times.

I think thats the fair criticism of managers like him and Slippy isnt it ? Surely if you're managing in the Premiere League, the grand daddy of em all at big clubs like Everton and Villa you shouldn't be learning on the job ?

They've been catapulted into top jobs based on their media profiles and playing careers.

You look around and CV/experience wise both clubs could have likely attracted more proven options. Obviously in our case we've been snookered this and last summer FFP speaking but with Gordon and Kean both likely gone from an FFP standpoint the coming summers we should have more money to attract higher calibre of managers should the worst happen with Lampard.

I think Villa will wisen up after Slippy goes and they'll make a move for a Poch/Kovac/Potterball.

Young managers are going to make mistakes.

Same as young players.

Its a learning phase, a transitional season to some degree, we are going to transition from utter garbo, to hopefully garbo.

Look hes been here 6 months now, ive seen a lot I dislike, but honestly, whilst I would rather we got Don Carlo back, people have been saying for years they would support the club if they saw a plan.

The plan is we have appointed a young manager, with a profile able to attract players, we have bought young players and we are giving them games.

We had Gordon, Onana, Patterson on the pitch today, all babies. Honestly dont wanna make it seem like im making excuses and people can point fingers at Lampard or whoever, but I will judge this manager and the players when we have a Striker. If we never get a Striker, well Frank will be sacked and oh well.

Just get behind the fella, thats not to you, its to everybody, if hes not the right fella, well we go again with the next, till then, back him.
But not having a striker in is also a factor you can judge the manager on.

It's not like he's the doorman down there like is it?

He is a name in the game and has stock with the fans, but he's shrunk away from the fight with the club hierarchy here. No way a more confident manager gets led by the nose by those clowns, allowing their own good name to be trampled by having no tools to do the job.

Judge him on that and you have to say he's failed that test.

IFWT etc, but he really needs to up his game at this club.

Thought he came off as frustrated and a little demoralised in both pre- and post match- pressers.

I'd always expect a degree of tension behind the scenes. That's healthy but the obvious concern is that he was given assurances in early summer that the board cannot or will not live up to.

I'm still firmly in his camp. It was and still is a mess and some good work has been done. It's now critical that further business is done. If it is then I think we'll be ok as in not going down.

We just cannot afford on any level another change in manager. That has to be avoided. It would be just one upheaval too many and the potential consequences disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.