2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
They occupy a space where the team is simultaneously 'the worst Everton team I can remember' and also expect the team to be 'performing better than this'.

Frank is not only dealing with the opposition, he's dealing with fan delusion as well.
Yes it though Lampard done well to unify the fans into something formidable and value adding at the end of last season. It seems those same malcontents amongst us want to break that unity for their chunk of flesh now Lampard has had *checks notes* less than 7 months in the job.

To me that goal is indicative of a lack of repetition in goalscoring opportunities then a catalyst to see that the manager is tactically aware in regards to his resources. Pickford picked out a brilliant pass that isn't going to happen each week. The peppering of goal attempts at were generally poor removed of the first 20 minutes are more indicative of our week to week showings.

I see the benefits of not having constant turnover of managers. And I am not calling for Frank to be fired despite deep concerns. I agree Arsenal are case and point a good model. But I think Arteta has struggled often from upholding longterm tactical ideas oppose to adapting from them. He believed the right recruitment over three or four windows and instilling the right habits removed of results would eventually win out. And consistently stated the football philosophy he was attempting openly as paramount. Its starting now to bare fruit.

I don't know what school Lampard is from in terms of instilling a philosophy. Based on his pressers he seems more a mentality coach over one who stresses tactics. A lack of prerequisites or close association to a given style like Arteta prior makes it a bit of a void in terms of what he's trying to get across. All that personally makes taking the lumps a bit harder, as I have doubts of what it will look like when he actually has all the things he wants. To me there are questions if he is the one that deserves the patience likely needed for a manager to rectify the mistakes.
I think you make some really good points, I like you have reservations about Frank and the team, I was listening to a West Ham fan on a phone-in putting the boot into Moyes about his inflexibility and tactics and I felt their pain and was left thinking could this be a Blue in several months calling in asking for Lampards Head? I think Football lacks the ability to adapt, clearly, the Everton PR machine is working overtime to cement Lampard's Philosophy as the reason they choose Everton over other clubs, so you live in hope that he has a vision I am just not sure I know what it is?

We all get caught up in the bullshit to be fair. One thing I will say though. We shouldn’t have loaned Simms or Dobbin in retrospect until we bought a striker. Rondon held the ball up ok on Saturday but we need more speed and mobility at the Top end. We would have been better served throwing Simms in the deep end for a few games and see how he fairs, whilst looking for a more established CF. If he struggles the same people on here will moan but the club have shot themselves in the foot removing 2 young strikers with only one recognised fit CF in the squad currently.
I take your point but neither Simms nor Dobbin are ready for regular PL competition so it’s pleasing to see the club get then loaned out for a full season to give them a chance to achieve this. Although the five sub rule gives me some difficulty in reconciling that right now aye, but hopefully they fix the striker absence soon.

We all get caught up in the bullshit to be fair. One thing I will say though. We shouldn’t have loaned Simms or Dobbin in retrospect until we bought a striker. Rondon held the ball up ok on Saturday but we need more speed and mobility at the Top end. We would have been better served throwing Simms in the deep end for a few games and see how he fairs, whilst looking for a more established CF. If he struggles the same people on here will moan but the club have shot themselves in the foot removing 2 young strikers with only one recognised fit CF in the squad currently.

Simms and Dobbin would offer no more than Rondon. Especially given the lack of service. Easy to use "whataboutery" but currently one is injured in L1 the other has had a good start in Championship. No guarantees on either. I'm no Rondon fan but he's our only viable CF option.

Yes it though Lampard done well to unify the fans into something formidable and value adding at the end of last season. It seems those same malcontents amongst us want to break that unity for their chunk of flesh now Lampard has had *checks notes* less than 7 months in the job.

He doesn’t seem to realise though that if he just went 433 we’d be winning all these games just like we did under Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, Ancelotti, Benitez…oh no wait all of them tried 433 failed with it and ended up experimenting with 3 at the back, that’s inconvenient for the agenda.

Some fans just need to give a manager a chance to get to work, solve a few problems, build some consistency, and let the players know that he’s not going to be forced out at the first downturn in results.

Maybe then we’ll stop repeating the exact same rollercoaster cycle of a new manager bounce followed by down turn, players downing tools, fans turn on a manger, Moshiri pulls plug before anger is directed at him, new manager comes in and we pull away from trouble on a new manager bounce, cycle starts again.

Please not this time but some people seemingly need more than six examples before they get the lesson

He doesn’t seem to realise though that if he just went 433 we’d be winning all these games just like we did under Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, Ancelotti, Benitez…oh no wait all of them tried 433 failed with it and ended up experimenting with 3 at the back, that’s inconvenient for the agenda.

Some fans just need to give a manager a chance to get to work, solve a few problems, build some consistency, and let the players know that he’s not going to be forced out at the first downturn in results.

Maybe then we’ll stop repeating the exact same rollercoaster cycle of a new manager bounce followed by down turn, players downing tools, fans turn on a manger, Moshiri pulls plug before anger is directed at him, new manager comes in and we pull away from trouble on a new manager bounce, cycle starts again.

Please not this time but some people seemingly need more than six examples before they get the lesson
Great post. This boom bust cycle currently ruining Everton is in no small part to some terrible choices by Moshiri, but also influenced by fans pressuring him knowing he’s reactive.

Some of our fans are clearly frightened and are letting their fears spill put onto the forum and other social media. Frank has a Herculean task ahead of him, akin to Churchill facing off Germany in WW2. We need our brave souls to stand shoulder to shoulder with Frank and also our young star players like Gordon. NSNO!

Some of our fans are clearly frightened and are letting their fears spill put onto the forum and other social media. Frank has a Herculean task ahead of him, akin to Churchill facing off Germany in WW2. We need our brave souls to stand shoulder to shoulder with Frank and also our young star players like Gordon. NSNO!

We could get Bill to dress up as Vera Lynn and sing songs for us.

I'm not sure where you get that they'll be cast-offs from?

If we sell Gordon, and go get Terrier, will you say it's a cast-off?

But is Terrier even a striker?

He's scored the majority of his goals off the left wing and has played more games in that position than Centre Forward (well, last season at least). He's also coming from Ligue one which, let's be honest, isn't the premier league. Surely under normal circumstances you'd have him playing a rotation role until we see if he's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.