2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every club should evaluate the performance of their manager at the end of each season. If they have done well you retain them, if they have been slightly sub-par you set them clear and achievable targets and explain the consequences of not meeting them, if they have been poor you sack them and if they are Rafael Benitez you banish them to the desert, perform an exorcism on the training facilities and ground, salt the earth, pray for forgiveness and excommunicate his disciples. Pretty standard really.
Personally I'd just burn the whole thing down and start again. At the very least build a new stadium that he never enters as manager.

You can see the plan - a central defence with leaders who are more comfortable on the ball. A midfield which is more mobile and more competitive. I don't think the attacking third of the pitch is quite clicking yet at times, but there's progress in front of your eyes and it's a style that we can identify with a bit better than one or two of those we've had in recent years. Having said all that, we need a couple of wins soon to validate all this or else, for all the good will he's got and the pleasing upturn in performances this season, there will be some pressure building. Arsenal next weekend is a tough fixture to demand points from, but after that we need a bare minimum of 4 points from the games against West Ham and Southampton (ideally 6)

Probably change the locks on the canteen as well
Can just imagine the canteen staff showing up at Finch Farm at 6am, opening the doors to the kitchen and hearing the clang of saucepans as Benitez scuttles over the counters towards the back door, leaving a smeary trail of ketchup and cream cheese as he's shooed and clapped from the premises.

I want them out the squad completely. I want no trace of that culture left here, no stink of their utter lethargy. They’ve blighted season after season with their sloppiness, the way they just fold as soon as anything goes against them, their lack of pace or technique, their complete indifference to utter humiliations.

Lampard is building a new culture here based on players taking responsibility, leadership, pace power and technique, and players who want to be here and believe they can win.

I’ve got no time for these same old clowns to undermine it with their constant stupidity.
All very nice but can we have 3 points first?

I watched BT Sport's Between the Lines with Rio Ferdinand. Frank was on. At the end he was asked what was his best/proudest moment as a player and manager. Player - Champions League, Manager - Crystal Palace game because he could see how much it meant to everyone.

Sonetbing I never realised btw, the palace game was on the ten year anniversary of him winning the CL

Every club should evaluate the performance of their manager at the end of each season. If they have done well you retain them, if they have been slightly sub-par you set them clear and achievable targets and explain the consequences of not meeting them, if they have been poor you sack them and if they are Rafael Benitez you banish them to the desert, perform an exorcism on the training facilities and ground, salt the earth, pray for forgiveness and excommunicate his disciples. Pretty standard really.

When are we getting to this part?

but after that we need a bare minimum of 4 points from the games against West Ham and Southampton (ideally 6)

As much as I agree with this we simply can not let this place turn nasty again like it has in the past, once the snowball starts it is very hard to stop. Instead of demanding 4 points from 9 (which isn't a lot to ask I know), I think it's just better to say did we play well in those games, was their mitigating circumstances if we didn't get the results we want and most importantly are we still in touch with mid table.

Cool heads from everyone required.

As much as I agree with this we simply can not let this place turn nasty again like it has in the past, once the snowball starts it is very hard to stop. Instead of demanding 4 points from 9 (which isn't a lot to ask I know), I think it's just better to say did we play well in those games, was their mitigating circumstances if we didn't get the results we want and most importantly are we still in touch with mid table.

Cool heads from everyone required.

That's perfectly fair, but I don't think it's realistic. I'm genuinely pleased with what I'm seeing, I think most people are, but it will count for nothing if it isn't turned to results sooner or later.

It's not a problem right now, but I'd like to avoid the scenario where we are on 6 points or something after 9 games and there's pressure in the media etc. As much as cool heads should prevail, they probably won't and we have an owner who has an itchy trigger finger.

As much as cool heads should prevail, they probably won't and we have an owner who has an itchy trigger finger.

I think he is far more prepared to wait than we give him credit for. We collectively gave him no choice with Martinez, Koeman and Silva. Benitez was more like a festering open wound anyhow.

As long as we keep our heads he will give time. All I'm saying is we could easily lose to Arsenal and perhaps we pick up 2 draws or 1 win and a dodgy moment costs us the other game, in that aspect is it worth building up that we should have x amount of points by x matchday? I'm more interested in is the team fighting, haven't been tanked with heads starting to drop, do we feel like we can win games going forward with the right luck and are we within 4 to 6 points from the 14/15th placed teams. Obviously if we lose all 3 then that might be a different story but I'm hopeful that is not going to happen.

Howe took 8 points in his first 9 games but once it clicked they did alright, okay I get that Lampard hasn't just been dropped in now, but we've effectively got a new team and that requires patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.