Fully Back New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other club fans will be saying to their own more excitable fans now: "Pipe down. You're making us look like Everton".

And they'd have every legitimate right to describe entitlement from fans of a mediocre club that way too.
They will never look like our magnificent warriors

I will back the new man because we really needs something to work. I backed Benitez when he came because we can’t keep sacking managers.

That’s said it’s down to the manager and team to preform any manager is going to face the fans turning and been sacked. If they go on a run like Benitez just has.

I didn’t like Benitez but even if we was 6 points higher up the table I would have been happy to give him more time. As long as who comes in can keep us away from the danger of relegation am happy to give them as much time as they need to build something.

This is ridiculous. Do you really think you can spin a story of acceptance from supporters?

Some did give him a chance, but most didn't.

At least drop the baloney story of him having an even playing field to play on.
He was given a fair chance, all things considered.

I really don’t care what you think about that.

You have your narrative and you don’t deviate.

...right there, in those 4 words is the existential distillate. Sadly, the Everton Board and executive is so dysfunctional, that the same error in appointment is imminent. I have concluded that I support a club run by losers...and we're merely subsisting on borrowed time

….whilst accepting we should have acceptance criteria, I think there’s a lot of luck involved in Managerial appointments. Right man, right time, right place.

it’s hard to see our lot making the right appointment, so I hope they make a lucky appointment.

When the new man comes in whoever it will be, we as fans have got to give him our full backing which I am sure we will do for 24 hours ?

At least whoever it is, it is not Benitez and our squad is half decent, so let's give him our full support
COYB
Give us something to back then.
I was prepared to back the rs clown - if he did ok
I said I wouldn't moan Just because he was a rs clown.
Said give him till Halloween
23rd Oct; 2-1 up with 15 to go - lose 2-5
He was done then.
I cited, stubbornness and zonal marking as his potential faults.
He went zonal, stayed stubborn, doubled down on stubborn with Rondon.

….whilst accepting we should have acceptance criteria, I think there’s a lot of luck involved in Managerial appointments. Right man, right time, right place.

it’s hard to see our lot making the right appointment, so I hope they make a lucky appointment.
you'd think we'd have gotten one right by now, even if by fluke.

The historical rewriting by certain posters is getting into hysel airbrush territory.

Benitez was backed and supported by the majority of Everton fans, after the owner ignored our wishes and ploughed ahead with what has been probably the worst managerial appointment in our history.

Some fans just couldn't get behind him, and I respect their position, but I support Everton and therefore the manager, whoever he is, gets my support until such time as he is no longer deserving of it.

He got the backing from many, myself included, against our better judgements, on the caveat that he had to get results ( as does any football manager if we're honest).

I also know everything wrong with the club wasnt Benitez fault, but the things he actually could affect and control - tactics, performances on the pitch and results - just haven't been acceptable, for a very long time.

We haven't seen anything like the results he needed to stay in the job and to retain the support, and to blame the supporters for getting him sacked is shameful.

He got himself sacked with the baffling tactics, shocking use of the squad and subs and the terrible results that have us firmly entangled in a relegation battle.

He wasn't good enough - he was never good enough - let's not pretend he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.