Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then you are saying that shower? He wasn't a bad manager, but to say he judged players well when he spent a quarter of a billion quid to do it tends to suggest otherwise.
Look at that first eleven he built and tell me he doesn't know a player. Torres Masch Agger Skrtel Bellamy Alonso Reina , what duds he bought he moved on quick for nearly the same price.

Exactly, he was an excellent tactician who could consistently win games against superior teams.

But he had inferior teams because of his inability to spot a player. He spent more than pretty much every team in europe to assemble a team that finished 7th in his last season there.

If we're buying players based on his judgement then lets bring in dossena and voronin.

Or we could ask Houllier to recommend another Gueye and Hiddink to pick us another Bilyaletdinov.

Would be nice for once to sign some totally random player out of the blue.

Look at that first eleven he built and tell me he doesn't know a player. Torres Masch Agger Skrtel Bellamy Alonso Reina , what duds he bought he moved on quick for nearly the same price.

You've selected the well known and expensive players which he purchased. The ones which weren't so well known he bought with a scattergun approach to say the least.

Honestly I don't know why I'm rising to the bait here.

Yes mate he could buy a player because he had pretty much free reign. His hits to miss ratio is appallingly bad.

No idea how it can be seen as a good window.

We had a very good team last year, if that team remains intact this year, that's not a bad window.

If that team remains intact and we bring in five players as extra cover in places where we're short (Robles, Alcaraz, Kone, Defelou and Barry) who are better than the squad players they're replacing (Mucha, Heitinga, Vellios, Gueye and Neville) then it's a very good window.

By everton terms anyway.

We are trying to work out whether Benetizs interest is a ringing endorsement of a player.

Benitez's transfer record is equivalent to the back catalogue of Coldplay. There's a hit in there every so often but most of it makes you want to pour molten lead over your face.

We had a good first eleven last year that managed to finish seventh and wern't good enogh to get any higher.the teams above us and below have all brought in first team players,will they improve them only time will tell. As for the players in,the keeper dosn't look like a big improvement on Mucha and won't dislodge Howard,the centre half we haven't seen play, Kone, not ripped up any trees so far.
Defelou looks a good prospect but weather he will settle and love our winter weather and Barry will probably offer as much as Neville did when he first arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back