Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a good first eleven last year that managed to finish seventh and wern't good enogh to get any higher.the teams above us and below have all brought in first team players,will they improve them only time will tell. As for the players in,the keeper dosn't look like a big improvement on Mucha and won't dislodge Howard,the centre half we haven't seen play, Kone, not ripped up any trees so far.
Defelou looks a good prospect but weather he will settle and love our winter weather and Barry will probably offer as much as Neville did when he first arrived

You're clearly clued up, like.

We had a very good team last year, if that team remains intact this year, that's not a bad window.

If that team remains intact and we bring in five players as extra cover in places where we're short (Robles, Alcaraz, Kone, Defelou and Barry) who are better than the squad players they're replacing (Mucha, Heitinga, Vellios, Gueye and Neville) then it's a very good window.

By everton terms anyway.

We couldn't score and this has been addressed by wasting money on Kone.

We have 5 centre backs and yet have now signed a 6th.

We needed a reserve keeper so he's done some cash on one who will probably hardly get a game.

Spanish loan signing...for a season.

Ageing defensive midfielder with no pace.

Why are Naismith / Anichebe / Jelavic / Gueye / Vellios still here ?

Martinez has done nothing other than effectively sign 3 ex wigan players who aren't good enough and get a loanee.

Worst window in ages.

We had a good first eleven last year that [b[managed to finish seventh[/b] and wern't good enogh to get any higher.the teams above us and below have all brought in first team players,will they improve them only time will tell. As for the players in,the keeper dosn't look like a big improvement on Mucha and won't dislodge Howard,the centre half we haven't seen play, Kone, not ripped up any trees so far.
Defelou looks a good prospect but weather he will settle and love our winter weather and Barry will probably offer as much as Neville did when he first arrived

6th mate

Utterly unimaginative waste of around £30k a week (hopefully it's no more than that). We've had weeks to source a younger, more dynamic central midfielder - even on loan - across Europe and if he's the best use of the available money we can find it's a depressing indictment of our new scouting system. Osman ran rings around him at Goodison last year.

A Sam Allardyce signing.

We needed a reserve keeper so he's done some cash on one who will probably hardly get a game.

Martinez has done nothing other than effectively sign 3 ex wigan players who aren't good enough and get a loanee.

Worst window in ages.

I'd agree that the signings haven't been great but in terms of the window, one thing that goes in Martinez favour is he acted early. Its showing to be a Moyes trait to act late in the market. It happened every season here.

We need some more exciting signings imo. What I've seen so far on the pitch and in the transfer window is a step back. The players brought in haven't really improved us. Although I like the look of the Deulofeu

Worst window in ages.

we do not have 6 1st team centre backs!!

I said it before, Barry would be an excellent signing.

He won't set the world alight but he won't be a calamity either.

He has great leadership qualities, he's a league winner and he reads the game well.

That said, Fellaini out and Barry in would be a disaster if that was the only business done.

I'd agree that the signings haven't been great but in terms of the window, one thing that goes in Martinez favour is he acted early. Its showing to be a Moyes trait to act late in the market. It happened every season here.

We need some more exciting signings imo. What I've seen so far on the pitch and in the transfer window is a step back. The players brought in haven't really improved us. Although I like the look of the Deulofeu

Heres the thing though, he acted early signing 3 of his ex players...it could be a one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back