Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've just mentioned it on the Witsel thread but IMO it's likely down to RK probably knowing Barry pretty well in terms of what he can do, so even though he only has a slight knock there's no point in risking him early in pre-season... the same logic likely applies to Jags as well.

Save their legs and let them get some minutes under the belt in Germany, vs Utd and vs Espanyol.

The last two games have been a perfect opportunity to have a look at a few of the youngsters and build up the fitness of the others in the squad.

I haven't said he has lost it.

I have been saying there will come a time where he does and I'd rather not gamble on that :)

Oh I know mate, i'm not having a pop - just trying to start a little debate is all.

I just think he's worth having in and around the squad. Should he start every week? Not for me. Should he still be an option ahead of Besic, Gibson, Cleverley and McCarthy? Every time.

Really? I didn't think he showed much. I have my doubts on him anyway though so maybe I'm too biased.

Admire your honesty mate. I think his ability to see things before they happen, play a pass into a forward's feet and his range of passing mean - based on our current roster of midfield options - he has to start.

You'd hope we can bring in Carvalho and Witsel to shake things up, definitely.

Oh I know mate, i'm not having a pop - just trying to start a little debate is all.

I just think he's worth having in and around the squad. Should he start every week? Not for me. Should he still be an option ahead of Besic, Gibson, Cleverley and McCarthy? Every time.

Admire your honesty mate. I think his ability to see things before they happen, play a pass into a forward's feet and his range of passing mean - based on our current roster of midfield options - he has to start.

You'd hope we can bring in Carvalho and Witsel to shake things up, definitely.
I just refer to the distin factor. Fine in may and finished in August. None of us saw that coming, yet the club gambled on him having one more year in him far too many times.

If he can still do his job then great for us, just want us to have his replacement already here so we don't notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back