Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this. I'd really give Pennington a go if needed. But I reckon we will risk Jagielka and Stones will be ok.

....interesting. I assumed Jagielka was definitely unavailable but if he's anywhere near fit they might take a risk, hamstrings are funny things and he could break down early on. It's looking increasingly likely he will go with a youngster unless he truly does put a square peg in a round hole.

FML really, out for the season? my mate said this at footy last night and i didn't believe him.

Awesome just what we needed, one of our better performers out on our biggest game for god knows how long.

Besic and mccarthy together now then which is good as at least we will know if they can form a partnership for next season.

Possibly more mins for davies as well.

I've always thought of Besic and McCarthy as 'tacklers' and Barry more of a holder/playmaker, the natural replacement for Barry is always Gibson, for me.

That said I know nothing about Davies aside from a solid cameo.

I've always thought of Besic and McCarthy as 'tacklers' and Barry more of a holder/playmaker, the natual replacement for Barry is always Gibson, for me.

That said I know nothing about Davies aside from a solid cameo.

Yeah Gibson needs to play if Barry is out for me. I would go 3 in midfield of McCarthy Besic and Gibson. Just let Gibson keep the ball moving and the other two do the running.

Yeah Gibson needs to play if Barry is out for me. I would go 3 in midfield of McCarthy Besic and Gibson. Just let Gibson keep the ball moving and the other two do the running.

Theres zero attacking threat there with no Barkley.

If he starts Gibson he wants sacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back